Towing an Airstream

I'm thinking about towing my T with my GN to the Nationals. I'm sure the T would weigh a lot less than an airstream, class III hitch should do it right? TIA.

I'm thinking about towing my T with my GN to the Nationals. I'm sure the T would weigh a lot less than an airstream, class III hitch should do it right? TIA.

Surely you are kidding, right?? :eek: Read my post on the 1st page... post #3....:confused: The boat probably weighed less than 2000 lbs. You'll be way in boost at anything even halfway approaching highway speeds. If you do it anyway, bring a large fire extinguisher and a spare wiring harness...:eek: TERRIBLE idea...

Surely you are kidding, right?? :eek: Read my post on the 1st page... post #3....:confused: The boat probably weighed less than 2000 lbs. You'll be way in boost at anything even halfway approaching highway speeds. If you do it anyway, bring a large fire extinguisher and a spare wiring harness...:eek: TERRIBLE idea...

I have a bar n plate tranny cooler. I'll be sure to lock the converter in 2nd and 3rd gear to keep slip under control and the rpms down. I have cometic HG's so I'm good for high boost for a while. I was thinking of putting a 55 gal drum of water in the trailer, splice into the cooling lines and run my radiator through that to keep things cool.;)

I have a bar n plate tranny cooler. I'll be sure to lock the converter in 2nd and 3rd gear to keep slip under control and the rpms down. I have cometic HG's so I'm good for high boost for a while. I was thinking of putting a 55 gal drum of water in the trailer, splice into the cooling lines and run my radiator through that to keep things cool.;)

Just use the Z06 for the tow vehicle, looks like a regular C5 can tow a bit, a Z shouldn't haven an issue pulling a GN:D

Attachments

• c5tow.jpg
    c5tow.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 73

The trans isn't the problem (assuming it's locked up)... the exhaust is going to be glowing bright cherry red after 30 miles on the highway... good luck..:rolleyes: