Towing an Airstream

Oh puuuuuhleeeeeeze!
Can we inact the "Sticks and Stones" rule of thumb please?

If the poster is actually offended by honest opinions then he shouldn't post his questions here that's for sure.
He even lol'd in his replies, so I'm sure his skin is thick enough to take the constructive criticism he's received here. Comedy is comedy...that's all...I'm sure we won't damage his self esteem with our angry eye's, Dr. Laura....:rolleyes:

That said....some of the best taught lessons I ever learned from my dear ol' dad, were the ones where he started off by swatting me upside the head or gave me five across the eye's and yelled, "Don't be so stupid, Stupid!"

Now Sixxshot87....if you go ahead and do this in spite of all these mean, hurtful people telling you that.... FIRE IS BAD...
...please mount a dash cam within grabbing distance and get it all on video so we can pop some pop corn and watch.:D

While you watch the EGT's and carefully manipulate your waste gate and boost, please also keep an eye on the coolant temps (I'm sure you will...just sayin') cuz heat kills heads and head gaskets too...;)

You are now entering the Tuff Love zone...:cool:

Oh...and monitor oil temps and alky levels too. Not sure about SMC, but AlkyControl kicks in at about 4-5lbs of boost...
If your SMC does the same, you'll be out of alky after a mile or two and sooner or later your oil will be so flooded with alky it's gonna thin out, heat up, and bearings will start a spinnin' and rods a flyin' and.....and....

Please mount a dash cam!!!!
Plllllleeeeeeeeeaze.....

I'm so excited!!!!:D

Truth & Fiction

OK, my philosophical inputs:

1) Yes, you can install an equalizing Class III or IV,

2) Your entry into this thread was with a "know it-all" attitude stating what you "could do..." & what we "should not tell you--so, let me be kind/gentle & yes, you can "do this" [Note: please do not include loved-ones in your el-cheapo quest of personal and property self-destruction...Also, please advise TB.com members of your intended timing & routing...],

3) Please post a "Sticky" or "How to" after your 1st significant towing voyage--documenting ALL pertinent details--good-quality video encouraged,

4) And, above all, please remember--You just can't Fix Stupid...:eek:

Not to get off topic, but it's snowing like Hell down here in SC.........was wondering what I would need to do to mount a PLOW to the front of my GN? :biggrin:

Great "offtrack" idea--why don't we make this a "snow thread"...
Snowing hard now here in MyrBch also--but not seriously accumulating yet...
Let's get back here tomorrow a.m. w/ various " 's of snow accumulations thruout eastern Carolinas...:cool:

On the topic of snow....we've had over 50 inches here since December 18, 09. It's been a BITCH!!!!!:eek: Still about 23 inches on the ground now. Cold as hell. I'm sore as all get out from using the snow thrower (Chewy). Our driveway is over 350 feet long, thankfully paved, but the damn snowplow put a nice pile of snow at the end of it about 6 feet high. Nice.:rolleyes: Had to climb up on the edge of the roof to clear snow off the Direct TV dish. Heaters going full blast in the garage to keep the pipes from bursting, and my loving Grand National safe. Shoveling all that snow off our rear deck was a TRIPLE BITCH!!!!!:mad: Deer wandering around every where, birds feeding, very pretty, trees leaning at 45 degree angles, 4 wheel drive Jeep not fixed yet (by dork here) just when I need it. Lost power last Friday for 30 hours, no heat, no water, no electricity, no lights, no nothing. About froze to death, it got down to 49 degrees in our house. Our cats were pissed at me for letting their hairy little asses get cold. More snow expected tomorrow. Wee! Just what we need, but on the positive side, it keeps me aching and alive for a while longer. Nice to finish all the hard work then go out and tinker with my GN, it being safe and sound. But, boy....it's cold outside. And thousands of trees down all over the area. Went shopping today for food, never saw so much deep snow in years. What the hell, you only live once and it's never colder in hell.

Bruce '87 Grand National

...and THAT, my friends...is why I live in Southern California.
If I want to see snow...I'll dirve to it (about 1 hour).... play with it till I'm bored with it...and then drive back 1.5 hours to the beach when I'm done with it...;)

...and THAT, my friends...is why I live in Southern California.
If I want to see snow...I'll dirve to it (about 1 hour).... play with it till I'm bored with it...and then drive back 1.5 hours to the beach when I'm done with it...;)

Ya.... part of the reason I live in 'Bama too... except we got 5 inches today and I can't get my Lexus up/out of the driveway! :mad: Thank goodness for Jeeps! :cool:

Ya.... part of the reason I live in 'Bama too... except we got 5 inches today and I can't get my Lexus up/out of the driveway! :mad: Thank goodness for Jeeps! :cool:

Slap a hitch on that lexus and tow an Airstream with it.....it will turn out great. You will never regret it.

Slap a hitch on that lexus and tow an Airstream with it.....it will turn out great. You will never regret it.

Haha even better strap the airstream to it and hookup the plow in front. I'm talking the biggest one you can get. Like one so big you'd see it on a turnpike tri-axle. All while sporting some 24" rims. Don't forget to mount an Aero scoop on the hood and a 3 foot tall tri level wing on the back. Stick so many decals on it you'd think you were in NASCAR. Put on the loudest muffler you can find or even better run the exhaust right out the fenders. Then drive around plowing random streets and see if you can make the national tv talkshows and news.:biggrin:

Haha even better strap the airstream to it and hookup the plow in front. I'm talking the biggest one you can get. Like one so big you'd see it on a turnpike tri-axle. All while sporting some 24" rims. Don't forget to mount an Aero scoop on the hood and a 3 foot tall tri level wing on the back. Stick so many decals on it you'd think you were in NASCAR. Put on the loudest muffler you can find or even better run the exhaust right out the fenders. Then drive around plowing random streets and see if you can make the national tv talkshows and news.:biggrin:

That my friend would make "National" Headlines, let alone Local! :D

...and thank goodness for all this "man made Global Warming" going on...:rolleyes:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.........That Damn Al Gore................now about the plow......wonder if it would disrupt the airflow to the intercooler??? :rolleyes:

Bruce, you should expect that in VA, MD, DC snowbelt...

Brian, you have every right to be shocked--1st measurable snowfall there (ATL) in 10 years...

Audie, how did you make out?...

We got 4" of heavy stuff here in MyrBch & I'm sure there were several more inches inland. Good part, no accumulation on "my local roads" as it never got down below "freezing" overnight...

I like the plow on front of GN concept & will work on that design today--don't know whether to fab air scoop inlet to top of plow--or just cut-out a center section of plow...:rolleyes:
Monte

Bruce, you should expect that in VA, MD, DC snowbelt...

Brian, you have every right to be shocked--1st measurable snowfall there (ATL) in 10 years...

Audie, how did you make out?...

We got 4" of heavy stuff here in MyrBch & I'm sure there were several more inches inland. Good part, no accumulation on "my local roads" as it never got down below "freezing" overnight...

I like the plow on front of GN concept & will work on that design today--don't know whether to fab air scoop inlet to top of plow--or just cut-out a center section of plow...:rolleyes:
Monte

My Backyard

100_1348.jpg

My Faithful Sidekick

100_1363.jpg

And my back yard right back atcha,,,

And my sidekick (on $hit list)--doing time-out in rehab...:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC02226.jpg
    DSC02226.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 236
  • NoEasterBunny.jpg