TR6?

"Reaper"

Gone To The Dark Side
OK installed the TR6 and now the car is acting funny. First my aftermarket tach now works with fatory tach when I turn the key on.It will go to 6k and back down not a big deal but its a recall tach. now at WOT its all over the place and so is the motor. Plugs are still gaped at .028

here are two logs before TR6 and after. You can see everything is all over the place in the TR6 run.

Shaun

Attachments

• 3rd track pass.dat
    430 KB · Views: 207
  • First run with TR6.dat
    204.3 KB · Views: 160
the 28 gap isnt an issue , thats where i have mine with the tr6
double check your plug routing

whats the wideband being used

also note you're well past the usable range on your injectors for the boost , duty cycle is well past 100%

are you saying the tach is all over the place at wot? that could mean an error code.

are you saying the tach is all over the place at wot? that could mean an error code.

At key on engine off it goes to 6k then back down to zero and stays there. At start up its steady. It's all overt the place @ WOT.

Shaun

not sure on the tach question yet, the RPM trace in the log looks good.

what wideband? When I load your file, it loads up your analog settings, which means you have it set to 5 volt (AEM gauge) wideband.
Either way, its buried rich.

Bob

not sure on the tach question yet, the RPM trace in the log looks good.

what wideband? When I load your file, it loads up your analog settings, which means you have it set to 5 volt (AEM gauge) wideband.
Either way, its buried rich.

Bob

The wideband is a AEM. As far as the tach some how now it's tied in with the tach on the dash. When u turn car on engine off both go to 6k then back down. When I made my run my third party tach is all over the place and flutters between 4k-7k. The tach started that after the TR6 install. It was almost like it was hitting the rev limit the hole run. I'm pretty sure I have the dip switches set right. I have the rev limit set to 6k.

The cycling of the tach needle is normal. My VDO sweeps like a modern car when you key on engine off. Must be something up though. Everything sounds normal except the WOT tach issue.

The tach that I have is the old Buick tach with Keyed memory recall. Almost wonder if there is a. Dip switch not set right . I will take it a part in a few mins and thank a pic and post it up.

Shaun

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Shaun,
In the track pass, your wideband is set to LC1, then in the TR6 pass, it's set to AEM gauge. That setting is critical for proper wideband correction. The fueling could be way off if that's incorrect as it will correct to the wrong information.

Regards,
Eric

Also there is something going on before the TR6 install. When I look at your PL log for the run at the track the AFR target should be 10.5 (according to the AFR table), but in the window at the bottom of the AFR table it says it is trying to get to 11.0 and it's pulling max fuel. Did you do that run before we swapped to the AEM wideband?

Eric, you posted right before I did. I think that run was with an LC-1 wideband. We switched to the AEM after, but before the TR6 install. Shaun can confirm. With that said, there is still an issue as I stated in my post above.

Yes the track run was with the LC1 wideband. The tr6 is with the AEM. Here are the dip switched setting.
IMG_20131026_085441_731.jpg
IMG_20131026_085435_603.jpg

the tach swing to 6k is a function of the tr6 (makes my VDO swing too) so they arent tied together as you put it but they do get their signal from the same source
the tach fluctuation seems like an issue with the tach signal not being strong enough to drive your aftermarket tach and the oem tach , ive had similar issues with OEM style ignition modules especially aftermarket ones
casper sells a vdo tach module that will amplify and clear up the 5v square wave tack signal
or try disconnecting the tach supply to the OE indash tach

the breakup and fact that your 60s are maxed it appears over fueled .
i doubt you could be maxing out the 60s with a 62 turbo unless your fuel delivery isn't up to the task of supplying 60hr injectors , at 60lb/hr (x6) of fuel if the car was on AF target (10.5) you should be making 740hp doing low low 10s into the 9s

Ok just made a couple of short passes. Took the kids to a Halloween party and was testing things out on the way back. Didn't have comp so couldn't record. What I notice is car runs GREAT but at WOT you can hear the car sounding like it has a miss almost like it hitting the rev limiter. My aftermarket tach bounces between 5-7k and the dash tach is maxed out. It's pulling good but no where near like it did with the stock style Module and coil pack. So thinking about putting stock stuff back on and seeing if problem goes away.

Shaun

you can try it, you log looked like you were over rich , either too much fuel or too much alky.

The wideband is a AEM. As far as the tach some how now it's tied in with the tach on the dash. When u turn car on engine off both go to 6k then back down. When I made my run my third party tach is all over the place and flutters between 4k-7k. The tach started that after the TR6 install. It was almost like it was hitting the rev limit the hole run. I'm pretty sure I have the dip switches set right. I have the rev limit set to 6k.

On the tach, I suggest checking where the tach signal is connected. I have seen the tach connected to the B4 pin (white EST Wire), using a splice and caused the wire to break. This will cause the tach to jump around or not even move. Eventually your car wont start cause of the wire eventually breaks. Do to you pulling the ecm in and out. You best beat for the tach is splice it to the tach lead under the hood.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app