trans gone south, need names PLEASE:(

turbo buicks

ESADAH!!!
hi, my Aamco tranny went out today and i need a list of REPUTABLE transmission rebuilders in the Central Florida area. i know of Victory transmissions on Ocala. anyone know of anyone else. i need names, referals, personal experiences, etc. anything please help

In one word, none. I have talked to both Hartline and kdkperformance in Orlando. They do not trust any transmission shop in FLA and that is why they work with outside vendors/shops.

KDKperformance works with Century/Mike Kurtz
Hartline works with Performance Trans/Bruce Toelle

I will be needing my transmission rebuilt and decided to go with Bruce. But I need to save up for what I want:)

Yes, I do send my transmissions out to Bruce and PMAC. But. if I were to have my trans built in Florida I would defintely go to Victory. I know of several local guys who went there with good luck.

thanks for the suggestions guys. it seems to be the only 2 rebuilders in Central Fla. are Victory Trans. and CRT (which is where Julio (Razor) got his rebuilt). he seems to like his.

Go to Victory Trans they did work for my tranmission at a good price too. He will do pretty much whatever you want to it. I was in there today setting stuff up for traction and someone called for some trans work on a GN. He is very knowledgable about everything in there so you can't go wrong with his work.

that might hae been my dad who called while you were there. he wanted to talk to Rich to get some information about the parts, cost, etc.

Ive had zero issue with the tranny CRT built for me in Clearwater..only thing is they dont do the R&R ....

I did get parts from PTS and Century for it tho..

So far since June this year... :)

Julio

I know it's a long way, but years ago I got mine done by Mr Transmission on Blanding in Orange Park. Lifetime warranty & it's doing great.
I had a rebuild done at the Buick dealer & it lasted 9000 miles when it completely blew up on the interstate (in cruise at 75mph for 2 hours) & the dealer mentioned something about "pounding sand"

They do not trust any transmission shop in FLA and that is why they work with outside vendors/shops.

Let me say this ......Rich at Victory transmission is a great guy and a Very good trans builder who would go out of his way for his customers he does not desire to be part of that kind of statement and I do not beleave Cal would say that about his company. I will also say this if you did have a problem with your trans built by Victory transmission then step foward and state some facts....If not then watch what you say on a public board , it could give someone a bad reputation that does not desire it. I for one would have him build me a trans for my soon to be 9sec s2 GN. I think I need to stop .... I'm getting pissed..:mad:

Jesse

I cant and wont speak for Cal...He can do that himself..I can understand that he may not have anyone local to him that he feels comfortable with..And if you have to crate a tranny..then it really doesnt matter where it goes too_Once its on a truck..distance isnt a question.And having a business that rides on reputation..he doesnt want the "Cal put a tranny in my car and its a POS"..

I had called Victory and had a very pleasant experience talking with them on the phone. For me crating at the time wasnt an option I wanted.If I needed someone to do the whole job..I would give them business.I just wanted to save a little dough on the R&R and throw more Billet :) stuff at it..

Keep the peace :)

Jesse,

For the record, I never brought up any shops names or bashed anyone in my post.

Also, for the record I have spoken with Victory trans and posted months ago here for anyone that had any experience with them and no one stepped up to bash or praise them, leading me with no conclusion whether to go with them or not. When I spend my hard earned money, I do research on what or whom I will invest it with. Trannies are expensive, and I hope that you will agree.

It is because of this fact that I did not schedule to have it done with them. Yes it would have been cheaper and they were willing to do anything I wanted with my tranny. They would put all the parts that Bruce would, and I was pleased with that response. But all I wanted was some experiences to back up my decision.

As for Razors Tranny shop, I have spoken to him about it, as he lives in the next town over. But my only concern with that is the tranny shop is race related, but we are talking about a 200r4, which is not well know throughout the racing community as a racing trans. camaros, TAs, vettes do not use it. Well Razors and TTAs do:) My point is that I want someone that is experienced and an expert on our trans. For me to go with Razors tranny shop for my future tranny work, I need a long term test via Razor's experience. But I have time on my side, since I do not have the money in the near future for the work and I am looking toward a 1 to 1 1/2 year time frame until I have the funds.

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up Jesse. No hard feelings I hope.

In one word, none. I have talked to both Hartline and kdkperformance in Orlando. They do not trust any transmission shop in FLA and that is why they work with outside vendors/shops.
If you were just browsing through this site with the intention of looking for a tranny build in Fl and seen this post and the statement made by you (even tho you mention no names of a tranny shop but spilling out two highly reputable buick builders) what would you think ?
just wanted to clear that up Jesse. No hard feelings I hope.
There is no hard feelings on my end.

Jesse