Trans trouble

GMC-YA

This is a built trans in a TTA. I can run down the parts if neccesary. When the car is first started and driven everything is fine. Shifts are great. But if you take it on the highway or just drive it for a while, its start acting up. The shift points are off, it will downsift to early and bog, it will sometimes buck. You know like a manual will do if you dont let off on the clutch incorrectly. Does this seem like a converter lock up problem or something else? Im not sure what to do to diagnose or remedy this. Its very annoying. Any ideas? :confused:TIA

Lockup solenoid sticking in the "on" position. Unplug case connector and go drive it a little and see if it repeats. If it does not, then replace solenoid.

I was driving to the rack for the first time after my trans build and car started to buck as well. Of course I thought tranny but it ended up being the MAF. It sure felt like a bad tranny at times though.

Also just verify that your T.V. cable is adjusted properly...It can cause some funny shifting problems as well and is easy to verify