Tried to turn up the boost and...

Vett-Klr

OK, my car runs 12.2's all day long on 15 PSI. Friday night I decided to turn it up a bit, 18 PSI. After 1st gear, near the top of the gears the car was sputtering. I had no knock at all. Was the added boost blowing out the spark? If so what do I need? Coil, Wires? Plugs? What else could it have been? This car should run high 10's with the 67 I just put on it. I'm stuck in the 12's???

what gas in the tank? what boost level is the 2nd pump coming on at? what is your base fuel pressure? what plugs? whats the ohms on the coil pack from tower to tower? turbotoy

I would highly suggest you invest in one of Caspers Electronics coil pack/ignition module tester. It will help you diagnose if you do indeed have a spark issue. Best to buy this tester instead of replacing parts you might not need.
I highly recommend it.

102020.jpg

https://www.casperselectronics.com/...Product_Code=102020&Category_Code=8687GN_Perf

HTH

Patrick

what gas in the tank? what boost level is the 2nd pump coming on at? what is your base fuel pressure? what plugs? whats the ohms on the coil pack from tower to tower? turbotoy

in the tank, (4 gals of 93) (5 gals of 110)
2nd pump on at 12PSI
Base FP 45 at 18PSI it went to 65
Plugs AC CR42TS gapped to 25
Don't know how to test the ohms...

fuel mixture could be a issue... i run pure c16 at 30psi.. 2nd pump comes on at 20. base fuel set at 37. the second pump is on way too early. the stock pump can handle the little you are throwing at it. what chip? on plugs i run NGK UR5IX and spark is never an issue. whats your o2s doin and tps and blms and intergator?? turbotoy

To test the ohms on the coil. Basically with the key on, engine off, take a volt meter and test each tower on the coil. They should all fall between 11 and 13 ohms.

To test the ohms on the coil. Basically with the key on, engine off, take a volt meter and test each tower on the coil. They should all fall between 11 and 13 ohms.
I was able to measure terminals across from each other, all were 11.7 to 12.1
Is there any way to test the wires?

Check your engine grounds and be sure the coil and module are grounded. Be sure you have 14v at WOT.