tucson az dealership gets turbo buick for cash for clunkers

buickbert

a friend on mine works for a local dealership here in tucson and he sent me info on a white limited that the dealership took in on trade as part of the cash for clunkers yesterday. he told me theres a chance they might turn around and sell it so imma go take a look at it this afternoon.

he sent me the vin # and it checks out to be a 87 limited. white in color, didnt tell me the interior color. only bad thing so far is that it has 255,xxx miles on it.

we will see what happens

buickbert

with 300k on the clock, it sounds worth 4500 bucks max. probably will need everything done from suspension to rear end, and all inbetween. I would still get it though.

It is. MANDATORY.

BUT if the dealer was 'smart' and just gave them a reg $4500 dollar rebate...they could do what they wanted with it.

supposed to be junked, ( at what price..$100?)

so if dealer can turn it and make $$$ its what dealers are all about!
watch the vin # as if its turned in as clunker, I doubt it could be registered.
but money will talk.

you can't clunker a LC2.
MPGs are too high for the federal bill. :)

well they did, i saw it with my own two eyes. and yes it was there yesterday when i went, prolly gone now, the salesman said there was nothing they could do, it was a done deal.

buickbert

jim click nissan at the automall

i meant to go check it out as i have a conection there but got stuck at work til late, imma try and go today, maybe its still there.

buickbert

Who is your connection? i also work at that dealership. The interior on that car is really clean. :mad:

That would be a shame! I was going to trade my 82 C10 stepside, and i told the guy at the dealer i knew a friend that would buy it, he said it must be crushed, they were pissed when i changed my mind. This is way to nice a truck to do that, so i just went and got a used saturn!

Yes, I pulled it all apart then found another 70' gs on craigslist so i bought it. Your skylark looks pretty good maybe when i get mine on the road we can go down to s.i.r.

I had a few other candidates for that program come through my shop lately. Some of these 22 year old cars are getting pretty grim.

:mad: Damn shame a turbo limited was turned in for the cash for clunkers? They should rename it cash for idiots when people do stuff like that. Thank God this program is being scrapped. Dumb a$$ program:rolleyes: