You can type here any text you want

Tuning observations

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Thanks Larry.

Now if Julio will get off his duff and get an "upgrade" kit together so the rest of us can run with the big boys....

HOW

I'm finding this thread quite interesting! I'm currently having some issues with Eric's basic Alky chip (25° - 23°?) when checking it with my Innovate WB sensor. It goes dead-lean under full boost, along with the anticipated knock. The WB shows a dip to 10.5, then the AFR goes straight over 16:1 :eek: This chip is such an animal out of the hole, I just hate to give up on it. I've raised and lowered FP, timing, and WO fuel. And yes, the FP tracks with boost. Still the WB goes lean and I get knock. As is, I can only do full throttle for maybe 2 sec's before I need to back out. If I back the boost down to 15#, it's OK. My 19° "Testa" chip would run 23# without knock.

Could the WB be skewing it's result due the Alky?

Should I consider the dual nozzle?

Should I send the chip back and get the timing scaled back more?

Russ,
Did you try taking the WOT fuel adjustment to maximum yet?
I suspect there is either a restriction of fuel or alcohol somewhere. You should be able to literally drown the motor with alcohol with Julio's kit.
Maybe take out the nozzle and test how much spray is coming out?
I can easily add more WOT fuel in the chip if necessary. It's just strange that it would need that much.

Regards,
Eric

Originally posted by HellOnWheels
Thanks Larry.

Now if Julio will get off his duff and get an "upgrade" kit together so the rest of us can run with the big boys....

HOW

Its a piece of cake, but like when you go to McDonalds and want a burger... you need to step up to the window and order :D

I havent taken a pix of mine, both nozzles are next to each other, about an inch apart on the same horizontal plane. If that makes sense. My original dual I used the NOS Y from above, after doing a few Vette's dual nozzle kits.. i'm using a brass T with a couple 90's on it and a couple sections of 4 inch braided hose. Second nozzle is an M10.

HTH

Originally posted by S10xGN
I'm finding this thread quite interesting! I'm currently having some issues with Eric's basic Alky chip (25° - 23°?) when checking it with my Innovate WB sensor. It goes dead-lean under full boost, along with the anticipated knock. The WB shows a dip to 10.5, then the AFR goes straight over 16:1 :eek: This chip is such an animal out of the hole, I just hate to give up on it. I've raised and lowered FP, timing, and WO fuel. And yes, the FP tracks with boost. Still the WB goes lean and I get knock. As is, I can only do full throttle for maybe 2 sec's before I need to back out. If I back the boost down to 15#, it's OK. My 19° "Testa" chip would run 23# without knock.

Could the WB be skewing it's result due the Alky?

Should I consider the dual nozzle?

Should I send the chip back and get the timing scaled back more?

Russ... after all that I owe you :D give me a call and i'll run some thoughts by you. Your chip may be ok... drop me a line will ya.

i am running aproxamatly 800fwhp right now on a 118/92mix(ls1 motor).

i hate runing race fuel in it and am considering one of two options. a complete 2nd fuel system with 8 more injectors running strait race fuel and the original fuel system runing pump with the ecm phasing over to the 2nd set above 8psi. or alkey.

i am looking for some really high numbers eventualy. what happens when you flow high amounts of alkey thru the intake? at some point isn't there a distibution problem? i have a little room under my intake and was thinking 8 small nozles one into each port would allow for some serious meth flow without potential distribution problems. what do you think?

Originally posted by Razor
Hope this thread helps,

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=951945

Its at your power level. there is another post that they made 730 RWHP at LAPD or Andy's on another car.

HTH

that helps a little. i hope to get up around 1200-1500fwhp eventualy. wont i run into a distribution problem with the meth in a dry style intake? can you spray that much meth and have it all turn into vapor? when i really push it i will probably run some race fuel as well but who knows, maybe not. :)

one other question. i am running a speed density set up. should i spray it before the IAT so the sensor sees the cooler charge? to do this i would have to spray at the intercooler outlet and that is about 20" from the throttle blade.

Man, Razor, your really impressing me with the alky times. You and Fast Eddie Brewer......maybe its time to move back into alky!? Race gas is expennnnnsive :)

See you at the Nats?

Originally posted by parish8
that helps a little. i hope to get up around 1200-1500fwhp eventualy. wont i run into a distribution problem with the meth in a dry style intake? can you spray that much meth and have it all turn into vapor? when i really push it i will probably run some race fuel as well but who knows, maybe not. :)

one other question. i am running a speed density set up. should i spray it before the IAT so the sensor sees the cooler charge? to do this i would have to spray at the intercooler outlet and that is about 20" from the throttle blade.

I spray before my IAT. Tho its an issue only on how the ecm is programmed.

Now the quest for 1200-1500 fwhp, on 93... good quest. Watch the plugs as the power goes up, knock, egt's, etc..

razor, i got more questions for ya. not realy kit related but alcohol injection related.

is there a fuel injector that can handle meth continuasly? would a fuel rail for meth need to be made out of a special material? i assume fuel lines and a tank are no problem. what about a fuel pump and fuel presure regulator? can you get that stuff and have it be dependable(run continuasly) on a street car?

i am thinking one of two things, either a kit like yours but with 8 small nozles or an entire seperate fuel system with 8 big injectors and control them with my ecm.

Back