You can type here any text you want

turbo cam vs na cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1dollardog

Are we there yet?
Any diffence? I am asking because i have a turbo longblock and I want to use it in a na application and put a stock mechanical fuel pump on the engine. Does the turbo cam have the lobe that the na cam has to move the rod that pushes the fuel pump arm up and down?
Thanks,
Steve

Turbo cams have the fuel pump lobe. They also usually have a larger lobe seperation angle for less overlap, about 114 degrees on an aftermarket cam as opposed to 108-110 degrees on an aftermarket NA street cam. Not sure what it is on a stock turbo cam.

cams.
i have a few nascar N/A cams, lobe sep, 202 to 206. i also hve a nascar[old busch engine] engine driven, or manual fuel pump if y
ou need one, my turbo. comp cams, lobe sept, 210 to 212
later oc,

That is probably 202-206 degrees duration at .050. Lobe seperation angle is a whole different number. It's the degrees between the intake and exhaust lobe center lines. When the intake and exhaust lobes are at the point of equal lift, the difference in degrees between the lobes is the overlap. Duration and LSA determine the overlap. A turbo cam in a NA V6 will idle smooth, but the mid range power will be a little weak due to lower cylinder pressure than you would have with a performance NA cam. It will work, but an NA cam will give you more power.

cams.
i have a few nascar N/A cams, lobe sep, 202 to 206. i also hve a nascar[old busch engine] engine driven, or manual fuel pump if y
ou need one, my turbo. comp cams, lobe sept, 210 to 212
later oc,

Those are most likely Stage 2 cams for Stage 2 heads. If so they wont work with the stock type valve arrangement!! Mike:cool:

Back