You can type here any text you want

Turbo Tweak IAC.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dyermullet

I just got my chip and I was reading his website and it says

I like to set up the IAC to be around 10 in park, warmed up. In drive, it will rise to maintain idle, probably in the 40-60 range, depending on how tight the torque converter is. It’s not super critical, just as long as its not bottomed out at 00 in park.

So does that mean I need to warm the car up and adjust the IAC to 10, instead of the usual value of around 20something.

Scott

Mines around 20 or so at idle with his chip.

Glad I never read his website. :p

If he says it's not super critical, so as long as you aren't 00 at idle, then you should be okay, at least I hope I am.

Car runs pretty good with his chip. :)

Alright, I will just try it then. I had exams today so I didn't have time to mess with the car.

Thanks
Scott

just got his chip for a stock setup, performs very well, seems especially quicker in gears 1and2, however i noticed that although idle rpms are at 800, car really wants to take off when stopped if brake not applied. My car would probably do 10 mph without touching the gas......any thoughts?

Hmmm, no it shouldn't do that. Are you reading the rpms from the scanmaster or the tach? Double check the IAC in gear and make sure it's not bottomed at 00.
You should be at about 775 in gear (hot), which shouldn't pose a problem. Do you have the original torque converter? Sometimes they get replaced over the years with a lower stall.

Regards,
Eric

your chip

eric, help me out, i like your chip but this idle is killing me, idles at 800-825 warm, car would go 10mph if i take my foot off the brake! iac around 25, all readings from scanmaster. i can hardly drive it. convertor is stock, 30,000 mile one owner car. had to put reds 93 back in, it idles around 700 warm with iac around 30. thanks bob

I can change the chip to idle wherever you want, that's no problem.
Send me an email and I'll revise it for you.

Regards,
Eric

Back