TurboDave has Passed Away

RIP Dave, condolences to your family. I hope that a family member gets to see this thread, because it shows what a good guy Dave was and how much he was liked and will be missed.

RIP Dave, condolences to your family. I hope that a family member gets to see this thread, because it shows what a good guy Dave was and how much he was liked and will be missed.

Several family members are viewing this thread and we are appreciative of the condolences and kind comments. This board was a big part of Dave's life and his contributions will live on through this board.

A memorial service is scheduled for December 9th, 12:30pm, at Dave's church which is Seymour Heights Christian Church in Seymour, TN.

In lieu of flowers, contributions to the church in Dave's name are requested.

http://www.seymourheights.org/give

TIA

I have not been on here for a while and just saw this - it is very sad.

I am so sorry for the family's loss and he will forever be greatly missed by the Turbo Buick family as well. Dave was a stand up guy and one of the best. Rest in Peace Dave.

RIP Dave, I never knew you but read a lot of your posts. Our prayers go out to your family.
John

I haven’t been in this section for awhile and came across this post on TurboDave.
I meet Dave when we both had hired on at Qualcomm Personal Electronics in San Diego as Technicians in 1996-1997. I believe he had just retired from the Navy.
He used to kid me about being former Air Force (called me wing nut).
I would tell him he should be mopping the floor or polishing door handles LOL.
He left QPE within a couple of months. I didn’t know at the time he was into Turbo Buicks.

At that time I was into Mopar’s, drag racing etc. The Mopar club would get together at the slab on Claremont Mesa Blvd every Saturday Night. Every once and awhile the Turbo Buick guys would roll in looking all Sinister and bad ass, they would park across from the Mopar Guys.
Well one night I thought I recognized one of the Buick guys and sure enough it was Dave.
My friend Dave and I talked to him for awhile.
My friend Dave bought a GN soon after that night.
About fifteen years later after moving to Oregon, I bought a WE4 which I sold when an 87 Limited became available.
I get it now and I think the seed was planted that night in a parking lot talking to Dave.
RIP Dave.

Turbo Dave was a great guy and a good friend of mine. When he lived in San Diego we used to hang out with the other Buick guys at the different spots around town on Saturday night one of which is the one you describe. We had fun at Carlsbad Raceway even though it was just a derelict shithole. He and I used to burn chips based on what Tom Chou (from Delco Electronics) shared with us. It was a shame when he moved away because he was always a go to guy if you had a question or problem. It's hard to believe he's been gone now for over a year. :( Rest in Peace my friend, the Turbo Buick community isn't the same without you.

Neal

Still sad he's gone....hell of a nice guy......we're all getting older to fast.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Forever miss you Dave! I recently read a PM from tbs I never saw. Sorry I didnt get back to you but YES and thanks again!