You can type here any text you want

Turbotweak vs. Extender Chips vs. others

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jpwalt1987

I have been out of the chip game since about 2000. I have another car that is gonna stay with a chip and factory ecm. What are some pros and cons of each of the different chips? Where does one shine above the other? I tried searching but havent com up with anything that really answers my question. The car will have some 60s, LS1/LT1 MAF and a wideband sensor. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks, Jeremy

I like them both but I use the Turbo Tweak chips. I send all my friends to him also and they have no complaints. I have one friend with a chip from Bob Bailey, the maker of the Extender chip, his car runs great too. I will be working on a car this weekend with a Gen II Translator and the Bob Bailey chip. I would say download the instructions and see which one is easier for you to work with.

Sounds like a good idea. Either one should be fairly simple as I have been using a BigStuff3 for the last 10 years on my other car. thanks.

i am going to be buying one of each including Red's chip to try them all out.

The car with the Translator had a Reds chip. I like the new setup much better. But how cant you when you step up to wideband tracking and the tuneabilty of various other parameters like timing, idle a/f, and so on. Being that you know the BS3, you're ready for any of the chips out there.

You might ....

Really like B.Bailey's Maft pro as it offers tuning with or w/out(SD) a maf. I'm considering using it, myself.

Eric and Bob both make wonderful chips... Can't go wrong with either one...

Back