Ugh...this is time consuming...Turbo T

Looks great!!,whats the deal with two breathers on the pass valve cover?Or am I seeing things?:eek:

Thanks! I'm still slowly getting things done so in these pictures you'll probably see things that are missing...like the AC lines, intercooler scoop...etc.

Looks great!!,whats the deal with two breathers on the pass valve cover?Or am I seeing things?:eek:

Haha...no...I put a front wheel drive valve cover on that side so I could have two breathers.;)

DSCF9889.JPG

DSCF9891.JPG

DSCF9898.JPG

DSCF9900.JPG

DSCF9876.JPG

DSCF9881.JPG

I'm going to eliminate the turn signal bezels in the bumper since all the new ones I've found are waaayyy over priced. I'm just going to make some lenses that are flush with the chrome bumper. The ones you see here are going to be trashed. I'm also going to make a grill emblem. One that has chrome letters that simply says "TurboCharged" instead of Buick.

DSCF9869.jpg

DSCF9885.JPG

8uwith6 just takes a ban saw to the stock cracked turn signal lense and cuts off the amber. He uses that ceiling texture clear lense stuff you would see in a office building and glues it to the factory piece.

It looks fairly good, great alternative to the clear ones on ebay.

100_0903.jpg

There's a link in my sig about the timing cover/oil pump.

Order Stainless 304 Sheet in Small Quantities at OnlineMetals.com

The finish isn't polished...which should be called a #8 finish. #8 is just like chrome. When I bought the strips I ordered some that were too thin and when they cut it it twisted. I had to untwist it and then polish it...which is a pain in the a**. I would up using some plastic mirrored stick-on stuff from a friend that works at Hatteras Yachts...which is just 1 mile from where I live.

Car is looking better and better.

I really like that mirror stuff from Hatteras, I would like to do both of my cars like that. Any chance you could check with your friend and see if there is a way for me to order enough for 2 cars? Or If I could pay you to get it for me?

Any more info on your fast start setup? I read all about it on your site, but I'm confused because it looks like your running the 86/87 coil/mod with the newer crank sensor. I have read in the past you have to run the newer version ign/coil with the new crank sensor. So I am confused now.

I really like that mirror stuff from Hatteras, I would like to do both of my cars like that. Any chance you could check with your friend and see if there is a way for me to order enough for 2 cars? Or If I could pay you to get it for me?

I've got some extra chrome I can send you. Just PM me your address and I'll send a piece of it to you.

Any more info on your fast start setup? I read all about it on your site, but I'm confused because it looks like your running the 86/87 coil/mod with the newer crank sensor. I have read in the past you have to run the newer version ign/coil with the new crank sensor. So I am confused now.

The late model 3800 uses either the Delco (3 coil) or the Magnavox (single) coil/mod set-up. Both types are "fast start" so you can use whichever one you choose. You do have to match up the cranksensor and the trigger rings since the really late models use a wider ring spacing on the wheels. Whatever year car you get the rings from is what crank sensor you need to use.

Wrong car BW :)

Here you go Turbo1dr, home made clear bumper lenses on my WE4.

Oh and by the way, once again as I said before, car looks GREAT!!!

What size Indy 500's did you go with?

Attachments

• DSC00925.jpg
    DSC00925.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 732
  • DSC00928.jpg
    DSC00928.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 723
  • IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 731
P235-60-15 tires

I liked your idea the first time I seen your thread about how you did it! I already made a set for the car (version 1...the ones pictured) before I got my turn signal bezels back from the chrome shop. Unfortunately, my old turn signal bezels were too pitted to be chromed. So now I'm making some more lenses that will fit flush to the bumper so I can eliminate the bezels altogether. I'm in the middle of fabricating "version 2" right now....lol.

Version 1 is made for turn signal bezels.
lense.JPG

Version 2 is made for no turn signal bezels.
lense1.JPG

Words can't express how great the car looks! 2 quick questions:

1) I ASSume the stock appearing FPR is a 'stealth' adjustable? ala the old BGC version with a drilled set-screw inside the vac. fitting?? That is what I have on mine.

2) Does it matter which way the heater valve is oriented? I have the same valve on mine and it's flipped 180 from yours... the vac hookup seems a little cleaner coming from underneath.... just curious if I have mine installed backwards? :redface: if it matters...

Thanks!

It can be installed either way but I agree with you...I need to flip it over.:redface:

It's just the stock regulator installed right now. I haven't stole the one off my GN yet to put on this car. :D

What material is this? I wanted clear on my cars for ever and my old 85 had some for a while and I don't know where I put them. Want some more now. :)

Wrong car BW :)

Here you go Turbo1dr, home made clear bumper lenses on my WE4.

Oh and by the way, once again as I said before, car looks GREAT!!!

What size Indy 500's did you go with?

Thanks man! Today it was near 70* here in NC so I finally got the hood wet sanded and buffed out. Finally, it's on the car!

What material is this? I wanted clear on my cars for ever and my old 85 had some for a while and I don't know where I put them. Want some more now. :)

It's the lenses that goes to shop lights or overhead light fixtures. You can buy them at Lowe's.

SWEET!!!! Thank you. I will have another project this week after a WC-T5 build I have to do. :biggrin:

Thanks man! Today it was near 70* here in NC so I finally got the hood wet sanded and buffed out. Finally, it's on the car!

It's the lenses that goes to shop lights or overhead light fixtures. You can buy them at Lowe's.

Did you remove the door edge guard for favor of another color?

Why did you take it off after the new paint?

Looks great, now go out there and put the first scratch in the paint, that way you wont be pissed when someone else does it :) LOL

Noice :)

BW

Haha...in the pic above, that was black tape I put on the side of it. I've got some chrome/black moulding to go there. Also, I have to put on the square emblems behind the quarter glass, the trunk lock square emblem and all the 3.8 SFI TURBO emblems.

I still have A LOT more things to do before its finished....

Install Pypes 2.5" stainless exhaust
Hook up the boost and tach gauges I have in the console pod
Cure a tiny header and downpipe leak (got some more flanges for the downpipe)
Fix the reason why all 4 HID lights don't turn on when they are on bright
Install the wiper arms and new blades
Run the wiper/washer hoses to the pump/squirters
Fabricate an intercooler scoop
Fix two tiny clearcoat sags on the front bumper fillers near the bumpers edge
Adjust the valves (solid roller)
Weld up the enlongated mounting holes on the turbo shield because the TE70 don't allow it to fit 100% properly
Install a power plate
Remove the Jeep Cherokee steering shaft and weld it solid to eliminate the rubber isolator. (I found that out it slips when you turn the steering wheel too tight.)
Install aluminum drums I had laying around...might as well use them too.
Clean and install the body vents inside the door jamb
Install the seat belt retainer in the door jamb...that thing that the lever always breaks off....whatever it's called.