Upgrade from TA49?

That old TE 60 is one of my favorite turbos for a street car. With a 3k stall converter and mild cam it’s always spooled and fun to drive on the street. With the .63 exhaust housing It is hard to beat on a daily driven street car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upgrade from a 49 is not a 60.i put a 49 into the 10s and so did a few of my friends.the op had a stock tranny and will find out quicky that that is his limitation if he didnt find out alrerady.this thread was revised for something way off topic.

I've got a ta49/alky combo, running 26 PSI. I think it's a great turbo for a mostly street car. Getting a tune soon, so we might get some more out of it. :devil:
I've got a ta49/alky combo, running 26 PSI. I think it's a great turbo for a mostly street car. Getting a tune soon, so we might get some more out of it. :devil:
Hey ,how are you would you happen to know Bison's phone number or email address? I do not do face book! Thanks...

Have you run out the 49? its good for deep in the 11s some went much faster, also look into a T-netics hpc 61mm its BB and a true .63 if your looking for a small turbo,
Dequick v4 is good for at least 700hp

Like this one?

IMG_5362.PNG

upgrade from a 49 is not a 60.i put a 49 into the 10s and so did a few of my friends.the op had a stock tranny and will find out quicky that that is his limitation if he didnt find out alrerady.this thread was revised for something way off topic.

Would the above be a good upgrade?

Attachments

• IMG_5361.PNG
    IMG_5361.PNG
    133.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Disregard the last photo, can't delete it now.

Or maybe the above turbo is better suited for an un opened motor with the exception of valve springs and a 2800- 3200 stall converter??

Last edited:
Like this one?

View attachment 338905

Would the above be a good upgrade?
If your ready to push the boost on a stock motor should make more boost than a 49.the way I see it is all the turbos in this thread that are considered upgrades really overlap as 49 up to 62mm have all been able to push the right car into the 10s on the stock stuff.the engine,converter,tune, is really what needs to be addressed,then you will see these upgrades shine.a 62mm may run a few tenths faster than a 49 on a stock motor but there is no way to get your $$ out of a 62mm with the stock motor,now do heads and cam and main caps and up the compression,now that 62 will go alot faster and can be maximized.