Value of GNX

The NADA Classic/Collector car price guide show the current value of the GNX like this:

Low retail = $48,070 Average retail = $77,880 High retail = $113,520

They tend to keep the site reasonably up-to-date and in-line with current market conditions. Back in April they showed the GNX approximately 11% higher in value than they do today. The prices seem to still be slightly optimistic, but they aren't too far off reality in my opinion, maybe +/- 5-8%.

You need to read their Low/Average/High value descriptions to understand where your car falls in the category.

Here's a link:
1987 Buick Regal 2 Door Coupe GNX price report at NADAguides.com

The NADA Classic/Collector car price guide show the current value of the GNX like this:

They tend to keep the site reasonably up-to-date and in-line with current market conditions. Back in April they showed the GNX approximately 11% higher in value than they do today. The prices seem to still be slightly optimistic, but they aren't too far off reality in my opinion, maybe +/- 5-8%.

You need to read their Low/Average/High value descriptions to understand where your car falls in the category.

Here's a link:
Then Mine is a steal for $65,000.00

NADA values are based on what people insure them for.
This is often times considerably more than true market value.
Also of consideration is number 526 with 1300 miles complete original still on MSO
recently received a top bid just over 65k on ebay. That to me is really low but it
does give an idea of where the market is. Boils down to what's already been said
above. Worth whatever someone will pay for it and each selling/buying situation
will be unique and dependent on a variety of factors.

Here's a link:

Not quite, but try about 60% of the value listed. I have swamp land if your interested....

23k mile GNX

The one that just ended. The highest actual offer was $43k. After running eBay twice

plain and simple. GNX 's are a bad investment and should be bought for recreation use now not investments. They peaked 2 years ago when the Fla guy bought a bunch at top dollar

Condo or house or GNX ?? I will take the real estate and a nice Limited,GN
or well built tribute car over a $50k GNX

Bad investment? Ever hear of buy low sell high. Now is the buy low time.

Its all how you expect to earn $ that determines if its solid or not. The 2 GNs we had from day one and never drove then sold at $32K (new in wrapper -50 miles) doubled what we paid, but over the coarse of 20 years, minus insurance (just in case) they were not as good as many other investments (especially land from 1987-2007). You look at 100% profit as good, and it is, but over 20 years that is only good for a car.
I agree now is the time to buy, but car values have not tanked compared to real estate. If its my $ and I am spending today, I wait on the cars, buy real estate.
Thats my $.02

Perhaps you can post a few pictures of the car?

(Lets try to get this thread back on topic and help the original poster)

There is very little I would not do for a GNX. thats the price id put on it.

Its all how you expect to earn $ that determines if its solid or not. The 2 GNs we had from day one and never drove then sold at $32K (new in wrapper -50 miles) doubled what we paid, but over the coarse of 20 years, minus insurance (just in case) they were not as good as many other investments (especially land from 1987-2007). You look at 100% profit as good, and it is, but over 20 years that is only good for a car.
I agree now is the time to buy, but car values have not tanked compared to real estate. If its my $ and I am spending today, I wait on the cars, buy real estate.
Thats my $.02

Not to get too far of topic but I agree that cars aren't a very good investment no matter what. Real estate, selling fear(insurance) and selling money(banking) are the three best in my opinion. Cars are just too volatile.

As far as the topic goes, it is worth what a seller and buyer agree upon on a given day. I'll only pay so much as a buyer. A seller will only take so little.

Thanks you guys, all of your comments have been a big help. when I wrote about the Carfax history it was based upon what I was told by someone who said they were a prospective buyer this past spring. Now because I am thinking seriously about selling it I decided to run a Carfax myself. Guess what? There was nothing shown on the Carfax about any problems with the mileage. I printed out the report. The guy was just trying to rip me off. How about that crap?!!
Anyway I am going to list it on Ebay later this week and if anyone can tell me what day would be the best to start the auction and when to end it that would be a big help too.
By the way, my plan is once the car is sold is to build the car Buick should have built. Stay tuned for details.

Thanks you guys, all of your comments have been a big help. when I wrote about the Carfax history it was based upon what I was told by someone who said they were a prospective buyer this past spring. Now because I am thinking seriously about selling it I decided to run a Carfax myself. Guess what? There was nothing shown on the Carfax about any problems with the mileage. I printed out the report. The guy was just trying to rip me off. How about that crap?!!
Anyway I am going to list it on Ebay later this week and if anyone can tell me what day would be the best to start the auction and when to end it that would be a big help too.
By the way, my plan is once the car is sold is to build the car Buick should have built. Stay tuned for details.

I would think that a Sunday evening would be a good time for the auction to END!!
The carfax doesn't tell everything as far as repairs that have been done.
The best thing is to go in PERSON and look at the vehicle!!
Yours is one of the higher mileage GNX's that I have seen for sale. Good luck with the sale. If it is a nice car be sure to show good and alot of pictures!!

I just finished the rather arduous (for me anyway) process of listing the GNX on Ebay. The auction starts at 5:30 pacific time and ends Sunday night. We shall see.

I know I am going to regret selling this car. It is by far the best turbo car (of five total) I have had the pleasure of owning.

Maybe it won't sell.

Gosh I am conflicted.

Oh the angst of attempting to sell a great car.

Funny that i ran into this thread because i saw your ad in Craigslist prior to reading this. I dont think *I* would sell it if it were mine but its not. I see all these cars on the Mecum Auto Auctions and wish i had the money to buy some of them...

Good luck with the sale!

:cool:

To all of you who have followed this posting and especially to those of you who have offered helpful advice, the Ebay auction ended last night and the wiinning bidder hit the reserve price of 32k dead on. Thank you all very much. The experience has been kind of like having a baby; a lot of anxiety and quite painful but an experience that will be satisfying when the new owner calls me and arranges for payment and shipping.
Does anyone know what recourse I have if the high bidder rips me off and doesn't follow through?

To all of you who have followed this posting and especially to those of you who have offered helpful advice, the Ebay auction ended last night and the wiinning bidder hit the reserve price of 32k dead on. Thank you all very much. The experience has been kind of like having a baby; a lot of anxiety and quite painful but an experience that will be satisfying when the new owner calls me and arranges for payment and shipping.
Does anyone know what recourse I have if the high bidder rips me off and doesn't follow through?

Dave,
I would think that since people know that it takes $32K to buy the car,you wouldn't have any trouble selling it if the buyer backs out!!!!

PM sent

(2) 82 gns for sale

I am new to posting things on this site. but just wanted to put this out there i have two 82 grandnationals one has the 4 barrel carb with turbo motor 4.1 is this a stage one block?. if there is anyone out there that could help me with some info that would be great. my health is felling and i dont need them i also have a astro roof car that i am restoring that might be 4 sale so if any one would like to call me fill free to do so @ 843 222 3787 i could use the help!
Thanks Rick