You can type here any text you want

Valve Spring Requirement w/ 40 PSI & Boost???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: valve springs @ 40 psi

Originally posted by John Wilde
I have been really good friends with Chris for about 10 years.
He does most of the work on his own car, but I do research for him. We impletment changes on his car based on his needs and my findings. For example he changed to a glide and a neil chance converter after I researched the best way for him to race his goals. We also are putting some GT series Garrett Turbos on the car this season.

I remember your v-6 ssdx car and the v-8 street car.
I also remember that you sold both to Glen Redmond.
You and kenny were the only guys using the motec.
You street car was super nice and you were one of the
first to jump the shark to the v8. My friend in New York
Bob Goldfine was the first with an all out race car that I can remember. I wish I could have bought that car or your street car.

We have not used the COMETEC but I have heard good things about them. Kenny is taking the copper gaskets out and putting in a new set of Fel Pro MLS Gaskets.

Does Glen still have the back half car and how fast did he go with it?
After Glenn bought the back half car. He front halfed it & shed about 400# It ran some 8.30's It then got sold to a guy in Texas who never did anything with it. By the way he wants to sell it very reasonable. It would be a good deal for somebody wanting a good car cheap. I thought about it myself. Its interesting that you mentioned a glide switch in Chris's car. That were my thoughts about my V8 car. I bet that would of settled it down.How is it working for him? Something I wish I would of tried. What ever happend to Bob Goldfine? Haven't heard of him in years. Is he completely out of racing?

lou,
the article on your v8 gn was one of the reasons i started my v8 project, i actually talked to you one day trying to get a starting point for the engine, i have a set of the pro-action 235 cc runner heads and a 4340 bottom end, going in a backhalved and caged car, hopefully i can have some sucess with the car this summer like your v8 did.
Grant Farmer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: valve springs @ 40 psi

Originally posted by turbolou
After Glenn bought the back half car. He front halfed it & shed about 400# It ran some 8.30's It then got sold to a guy in Texas who never did anything with it. By the way he wants to sell it very reasonable. It would be a good deal for somebody wanting a good car cheap. I thought about it myself. Its interesting that you mentioned a glide switch in Chris's car. That were my thoughts about my V8 car. I bet that would of settled it down.How is it working for him? Something I wish I would of tried. What ever happend to Bob Goldfine? Haven't heard of him in years. Is he completely out of racing?

Give me a ball park on the car and I will pass it along.
The Glide made a huge difference. He can now launch the car with more boost and consitancy. Plus it does not break twice a season. We also dropped the rear gearing to a 3.89 to a 3.70.
We may go even low to bring up the mph. A lot of the SSO Mustang Guys run a 3.5 Gear and a glide. The fastest are in the 7.6 range. We would like 7.8s with a heavy brick! That would be pretty nice with the stock type suspension and 11inch tire.
The Neil Chance Converter is the special aluminum front cover version. It takes 8 lbs off of the rotating mass, and it is bolt together so we can chance the stall at the track.

I have not spoken to Bob in a couple years. I will have to dig up his number and give him a call. He was out of racing because of 2 small children.

FWIW John,
We run a 3.50 gear with a glide and a NC convertor in the Drag Radial Mustang. It's gone 183 at 3550 pounds with a single 101mm turbo and stock suspension.

Originally posted by HighPSI
FWIW John,
We run a 3.50 gear with a glide and a NC convertor in the Drag Radial Mustang. It's gone 183 at 3550 pounds with a single 101mm turbo and stock suspension.

Thanks for the info Cal. We would like to be running as quick as Mr. Dees this year!

No problem. I was just letting you know what gear we run. I forgot to add that we are hitting 8100 in the traps.

Originally posted by n20junkie
lou,
the article on your v8 gn was one of the reasons i started my v8 project, i actually talked to you one day trying to get a starting point for the engine, i have a set of the pro-action 235 cc runner heads and a 4340 bottom end, going in a backhalved and caged car, hopefully i can have some sucess with the car this summer like your v8 did.
Grant Farmer
As with you the inspiration I got to build that car came from Jobe Spetter (turbo people in Brooklyn N.Y.) He had a buick simular to the one your building & used a 350 like I did.He ran mid 8's & that impressed me back then.The long block was nothing really all that special just production stuff for block & crank. Some eagle rods & a set of 1,350.00 pair of AFR heads but thats where the bargins stopped .By the time I was through I had about 43,000 in it (1999 dollars) It was a rewarding & fun project.I basicly used a lot of the technology that we use in the V/6's. I have a feeling I will be getting that car back someday.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: valve springs @ 40 psi

Originally posted by John Wilde
John the fellas name is Jason (JASTEXAS@aol.com)The guys wife told him that if the car didnt go she would.So I suspect some serious motivation to sell. As to the glide issue. I was always under the assumption that if a race car weighed over 3000# a three speed was better.More old school I guess! & my apologies to that blower guy for hijacking his thread. I do wish him well with his project.

BlownV6

Mike,
I was wondering if you will be bringing your dragester to BG this year? The reason I am asking is because my customer down here is going to bring his. I spoke with R Lassiter and he was hoping we could set up some exhibition runs.

FWIW: He ran a 4.19@168.53 at an 1/8th mile race last weekend.

Cal, at this point i have no idea if it will be together. waiting on rods,cranks and cams. cranks are probably still 8 weeks out, plus this is going to be odd fire so other issues are bound to arrise. i believe for the moment he has me covered soundly. we will give it our best shot mike

Good Luck Mike. We would love to have you there, regardless of who's faster.

Back