Variable Nozzle turbine

TurboTR said:
That's interesting- I did a ~ year long emissions research controls project that did that very thing about 8-9 years ago now :) However we found that it did not work as well as hoped, since when you try raising the exh backpressure it also spools up the VNT turbo and raises the boost pressure ;) lol <sigh>. That approach, or diesel EGR in general seems to need some sort of throttle restriction in the intake to get the desired pressure differential across the exh to int side. But when you introduce a throttle, there goes some of the diesel efficiency advantage vs a spark ignited engine...

Anyway, hate to sound like a broken record but a Garret VNT40 would be the sh*t for the typical fast street/strip GN IMO...

TurboTR

I think you answered your own question/querry. You said it yourself. Your tests were done 8-9 years ago. You do realize of course the HUGE leaps and bounds that VNT turbo technology has taken in just the last few years, I hope. ;)

I think you answered your own question/querry. You said it yourself. Your tests were done 8-9 years ago. You do realize of course the HUGE leaps and bounds that VNT turbo technology has taken in just the last few years, I hope. ;)

I was wondering if anyone had brought this topic up. I just bought my first VGT F250... I have a brand new SPARE VGT - this is definitely the heart of making my Powerstroke fun to drive, I can't image how wild the GN would be with my SPARE unit. Insane. Alas, so many electronic projects so little time. Wonder if one of my arduinos could drive the VGT solenoid. hmm.