Vendor that sells JE pistons?

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
I can't seem to find a vendor that carries JE pistons as separate items, all seem to be part of a kit?? At least they are not showing on their web sites. Getting most of my parts from Weber, but they only deal with Diamonds, same for FTS. GN1 has JE's with their stroker kits but not separate....I've been looking at parts too long driving me insane...

Thanks

Coordsport.com Callie's.com performance unlimited.com all sell them just don't know if they sell them seperate or go to je pistons.com

I found 6 different pistons on the JE website for TR's, but have no idea which ones I would need, so I guess I should wait till the block is machined and I have the heads in hand. Looking for 9:1 with Champion Aluminum heads, 3.625 stroke crank and 5.97 rods.

Any reason you went with a short rod on the stroker?

That is your best bet, wait till your block is machined and decked. Have it measured and have a set made.

Agreed why go with a 5.97 rod in a stroker motor? You can call JE Pistons and order from them as well.

2QUIK you will like a 9 to 1 CR motor its much more responsive down low and you will need to add fuel in the lower rpm ranges.

JE and Wiesco are the same company now, both made in Ohio. We can get the Wiesco for you but you are looking at a custom piston no matter who you buy it from since there is no shelf piston for that combo. Call me if you want to discuss
Mike

So what are the pros / cons of the longer rods? Piston travel would be the same just putting it further up the bore and closer to the valves also. GN1 sells a long and a short kit with the JE pistons so I'm assuming I would order the same pistons as used in those, so does buickgn.com. My motor builder recommended the shorter rods. This will be a mostly street car if that matters. I'm open for ideas and input as this is my first LC2 build.

So what are the pros / cons of the longer rods? Piston travel would be the same just putting it further up the bore and closer to the valves also. GN1 sells a long and a short kit with the JE pistons so I'm assuming I would order the same pistons as used in those, so does buickgn.com. My motor builder recommended the shorter rods. ...........

We almost always use stock length rods in all our builds even stroker builds.

Buick used long rods 6.500" in the NASCAR engines, and maybe over 1500 HP in a turbo V-6 a longer than stock rod may be in order but not 6.500".

Many owners from their big-block NA days wanted, and still use, long rods at high HP and RPM and would see some HP gain.

In most all our street and track cars the longer rod will not help or hurt performance according to one of the Buick engine builders I trust the most - Kenny D. :)

Thanks for the insight Nick! I also just learned the longer rods don't actually put the piston up any higher as the pin location is then lower for the longer rod, it makes it so that the piston remains up high for slightly longer period of time....and pistons for the longer rods are harder to come by usually, making them a custom piston...that sound about right? I think I am about to go the simplier turn key approach as I could spend way too much time contemplating different ideas :)

There is a ton of good information on the benefits of a long rod. Nick has a ton of experience and I respect his opinion, as well as some other old timers on this forum. With that being said, you won't catch me building an engine with a short rod in it. But who am I. No matter how you go, a new built engine will far surpass whatever you had in there before.

We have settled on the 6.35 rods with the Wiseco PT109 piston, found several sources for that piston already, thanks all!

Well, I finally got to the point where I'm ready to order pistons and now the Wiseco PT109's are discontinued!! So now it looks like my only choice for the 6.35 rods is Diamonds :(
So, back to what vendors may have any other choice for the longer 6.35 rods?? JE apparently does not have one that works that I can find.

Well, I finally got to the point where I'm ready to order pistons and now the Wiseco PT109's are discontinued!! So now it looks like my only choice for the 6.35 rods is Diamonds :(
So, back to what vendors may have any other choice for the longer 6.35 rods?? JE apparently does not have one that works that I can find.
Any piston manufacturer provided with proper measurements can make you a set. Pistons should really be custom made anyway if you want an exact fit. I will be having mine made at Ross. I've seen more Pistons come through the machine shop "out of the box" needing machining done than I care to share. Ends up costing more in the Long run.

The block is at the machine shop now and will be bored .02 over, so the 3.82 should be exact fit right? Which is an off the shelf piston normally, but these long rods that everyone seemed to prefer don't seem to have any pistons available for them any longer. I will post up a separate post for the crank/rod combo to see what everyone os running. Thanks