Very Sad News:please Read.........

BuickLC2Turbo

Close friend Dave Buckshaw from Digital Horsepower just called me with horrible news of the passing of Eric Schertz,owner and operator of Dynotech Performance.He passed away yesterday.Please keep Eric,his family,friends and employees in your prayers.God speed Eric.............

I failed to mention in the previous post if people could please refrain from phone calls and e-mails to Dynotech at this time as it is obviously an extremely difficult time for Eric's' family and friends.Dave Buckshaw who worked with and for Eric on many projects,will be forthcoming with additional information soon.Thank You.

What???????????

What???? I just cannot believe this!!!! What in the world happened to Eric??? Please, explain a little more...Not only he did everything he could to make my GN run the fastest it ever went, he was also a very good friend...He'll be missed very much...

I offer my sincere condolences to his family.

Claude des Trois Maisons

This is terrible news!! My thoughts are with his family. He was without a doubt a great person, willing to help anytime, and stood behind his work with total integrity. What a horrible loss.

Very sad. Prayers go out to him and his family. He did some work for me about 2 yrs ago. Very good guy. Was about to have more work for him over the summer. :(

Very sorry to hear this. Our prayers will be with his family...

Very good guy. Was about to have more work for him over the summer. :(

Me too...this is such a great loss for the Buick community and everyone who knew Eric...He was also one of the top transmission guys on the east coast too...He helped me reach my goal to put my GN into the 10's...We even spoke about future mods we wanted to do on my car this summer...but... I dunno what I'll do next...:frown: ...at least for now.

Claude :frown: :(

I very sorry to hear about this loss to our community.
May God bless his friends and family.

Very Sad and a big loss to the Buick community.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family, I am shocked.

claude, it's Eric's wife, Liz, I don't want to talk to people I don't know, but I know how much he thought of you. I also have not been able to reach Fred Vetter if you could help me with that. My cell phone number is (516) 445-1335.

Liz Schertz

a true gentleman in the Buick Comunity...took the time with anyone....will be missed.....thoughts are with his family and friends

Didn't know him personally, but knew of his impeccable reputation throughout the TurboBuick community. My sincere condolences to his family :(

Close friend Dave Buckshaw from Digital Horsepower just called me with horrible news of the passing of Eric Schertz,owner and operator of Dynotech Performance.He passed away yesterday.Please keep Eric,his family,friends and employees in your prayers.God speed Eric.............

I saw that Liz had posted a little while earlier. She's being so strong right now, God Love You Liz!

I didn't quite have the composure to ask Liz the exact details surrounding Eric's passing but after talking to his right hand Joe there was an apparent medical condition, (possibly a heart condition?), that Eric had been receiving treatment on. I guess at some point Liz may well comment but during this time what matters most is our thoughts and prayers for Eric, his wonderful wife Liz and their 2 boys. It is very hard for me to try and type MY feelings of loss when the family's loss is so much more.

That being said I did want to add my personal experiences of Eric as this is the way we need to remember him. I'm sure everyone has their own personal story.

I knew Eric for several years meeting him at a 3800 FWD based "DHP mod day" that he graciously sponsored for us at his New Jersey shop. Eric was one of the first purchasers of a "Shop version of Powrtuner software" and a great teacher as well as a student! I spent several months working with Eric and Joe in Long Island last year to help setup the new shop and I was seriously considering relocating there to become a part of the team. Eric was great to work with and his commitment to a quality product and concern for his customers were without peer.

His contribution to this community with his 2004R building and the quality and innovation of his performance 4T65E transaxle development will surely be missed and felt. Moreover HE will be missed much more than his body of work. He was larger than his work; much larger; kind and considerate, making you feel right at home in his shop and his life. Every car was important and treated like his own. Every customer was discussed in the shop with respect and value. His wife Liz is easily as generous as Eric and also treated me like family while I stayed in their home during my stint working there last year. They made me part of their family and I felt like I was at home even though I missed my own wife and kids back in Detroit.

Please keep this wonderful family in your thoughts and prayers and if you had some ongoing business with Dynotech please allow his #1 guy Joe Romeo some time to get back into the shop before you look to settle any unfinished business. Joe and Eric had been friends since childhood and he will need some time to get back into shape.

Life will never be the same without this great friend.

Here is a picture of Eric, his two boys and my girls last July.

eric.JPG

Wow, very sorry to hear this!:( My deepest condolences to his family and friends.