Walbro 340 Fuel Sock

Greasemonkey

Anybody know a replacement part number for the fuel sock used with the Walbro 307/340s? Mine is pretty clogged and would like to replace.

On another topic, anybody have problems with the search feature on this site? It only seems to work for me a fifth of the time or so.

The search feature is very finicky. Seems to search OK with one or two words but chokes up on three or four words.

its the same sock used by the blue oval guys on the 5.0 mustangs , most parts stores should carry it

pacecarta said:
its the same sock used by the blue oval guys on the 5.0 mustangs , most parts stores should carry it
Yep... My brother and I just went through this - what worked was a filter from a 93 mustang 5.0 .... Hth - sure other years would work.... That is just the year I looked up at autozone

The 340M is more common in GM cars and that one takes a different sock. Where did you get the pump?
Mike

I tried a 5.0 Mustang and the sock the parts guy brought out didn't look like it'd work.

Mike, I'm pretty sure I got the pump from you a couple years ago.

Mike Licht said:
Was the mustang one too big?
Mike
Thats what it looked like. After doing a quick search it looked like someone found a NAPA part number that worked. I'm going to try to pick one up tomorrow and see.

I cant remember to save my life, i have the walbro 340 heard my pump making the loud zinging noise than usual late last year , i didnt right the pump # down but what i did was took mine out the tank drove my truck to autozone called out a fuel pump the first sock didnt match but i cant remember but we did found one to match it at autozone changed the sock and my zingin noise quieted way down... sorry i didnt right the part down but my intentions were too i guess i just got so excited from fixin my problem.... :redface: