Walbro relief valve mod?

That's what I feel too, alky is maintaining af ratio. No volt booster and have one of those miracle 200amp alternators from the former owner of the "other" board.

boostcreep2.JPG

to me it looks fine as long as it is flat like the boost and 1-1 .the FP is not dropping and it gained in the first example like the boost gained

Maybe you have the same problem I found with my fuel system this morning? Blew the hose off from the pump to the sender in the tank. Yours may be starting to go?

Mark, those alternators are not good. I'm not trying to dog on the parts you have but I have had a lot of issues with those alternators and now gave up on them. It might be a cheap trouble shoot to either borrow a known good alternator and/or a volt booster. I saw a common curve with my A/F once before and it was indeed the alternator, which was the same alternator you are using. I wish you were closer, I'd have you bring it over and we could test with some of my known good "for testing only" parts. Do you have someone close that could lend you an alternator?

Been like this ever since I installed it, probably has about 2000 miles on it. Was told in the past not to worry about it but I know it is not correct. Just bugs me.:)

Mark, those alternators are not good. I'm not trying to dog on the parts you have but I have had a lot of issues with those alternators and now gave up on them. It might be a cheap trouble shoot to either borrow a known good alternator and/or a volt booster. I saw a common curve with my A/F once before and it was indeed the alternator, which was the same alternator you are using. I wish you were closer, I'd have you bring it over and we could test with some of my known good "for testing only" parts. Do you have someone close that could lend you an alternator?

Got my old faithful one sitting on the bench but if I remember right had the same symptoms before. Will try throwing that back on. Was told volt boosters are a bad idea when running alky. Boost a pump that is dedicated to only the fuel pump might be an alternative.

With the little bit of testing I have done is the consensus that the pump is probably OK?

to me it looks fine as long as it is flat like the boost and 1-1 .the FP is not dropping and it gained in the first example like the boost gained

Bob, in his first log, I saw about 7.5 pounds of fuel pressure that was short and the second was about 8.5 pounds. I usually like to have a solid 1:1 but I dont think he's getting that. I dont feel it's the pump not being adequate for keeping up, I think its a voltage issue. Or am I seeing things incorrectly?

It just seems to me that there is a draw somewhere.

Maybe you have the same problem I found with my fuel system this morning? Blew the hose off from the pump to the sender in the tank. Yours may be starting to go?

I saw your post today and as soon as I was going to reply that you blew your hose off, you posted that you found it! Usually when this happens, you lose a lot of pressure or all of it. I think what mark is seeing is something else. He has a good consistant pressure, it's just not keeping up as it should.

Got my old faithful one sitting on the bench but if I remember right had the same symptoms before. Will try throwing that back on. Was told volt boosters are a bad idea when running alky. Boost a pump that is dedicated to only the fuel pump might be an alternative.

With the little bit of testing I have done is the consensus that the pump is probably OK?

Mark, I'm not going to totally rule out thhe pump at this time but I honestly dont think thats your problem. I think it a voltage issue.

If the pump will put out 63 psi at 28lbs of boost what's keeping it from putting out 60 psi at 17lbs of boost? Are you saying a voltage issue is causing it to only put out 52 psi?

Car has Racetronix hot wire kit so has 10 ga wire back to the pump. Dedicated 10 ga ground back to the battery. Not running any crazy stereo stuff. Alky pump is mounted at rear of the car since I have the Metco spare tire cell for the alky. Have dual Spal fans with Caspers relay kit. Aftermarket alarm and window express units are only other electrical extras besides the power logger, PLX wideband and gauges.

Mark,

Can you put the alky pressure sensor on the fuel rail? Just to see if you get the same results.

this is mine from the other night thought it looked fine too .I just started logging FP
plfp.JPG

Mark,

Can you put the alky pressure sensor on the fuel rail? Just to see if you get the same results.

Don't forget, I also have a mechanical gauge mounted on one of our hood brackets. Mech gauge reads same as PL

If the pump will put out 63 psi at 28lbs of boost what's keeping it from putting out 60 psi at 17lbs of boost? Are you saying a voltage issue is causing it to only put out 52 psi?

Actually now that you said that I didnt take into consideration that is at 38# at 0 boost so really he's only a few pounds shy at 28#. I was thinking 43+28 instead of 38+28. I usually try to get an actual 1:1 but thats not horrible being 3 pounds shy. I still feel a simple bump in voltage will help solve the issue. I solved my issues with a volt booster but I'm running E85 so I'm not sure about the complications with the booster and alky.

Ahh, gotcha, I didn't realize you still had the hood guage.

I think then next thing would be to get SalvageV6's test rig and verify that your pressure reg is 1:1.

Ahh, gotcha, I didn't realize you still had the hood guage.

I think then next thing would be to get SalvageV6's test rig and verify that your pressure reg is 1:1.

I'm with you on that one! Might as well test the regulator first!;)

Actually now that you said that I didnt take into consideration that is at 38# at 0 boost so really he's only a few pounds shy at 28#. I was thinking 43+28 instead of 38+28. I usually try to get an actual 1:1 but thats not horrible being 3 pounds shy. I still feel a simple bump in voltage will help solve the issue. I solved my issues with a volt booster but I'm running E85 so I'm not sure about the complications with the booster and alky.

Not sure if that is correct, was always under the impression that it is based on your setting with the vacuum line off. So 43 lbs and lets say 20 lbs of boost and it should put out 63 lbs of fuel pressure.