want to drop my 86 gn

How low? For looks, racing? Basically wheels/tires dont really drop it if your keeping the correct size. You need different springs. SPC makes some nice performance spring that drops it a few inches in the front and rear. They also make a tuning kit for the front that is really just a pile of different sized shims to get the correct rake. Just be careful, it changes your geometry especially if your using all stock components and just lowering it.

i have bilstine shocks on it wanted to go with a bigger wheels maybe 18's how low can i drop it with out bottoming out,more for handling and to get more high tech rubber under the car

i have bilstine shocks on it wanted to go with a bigger wheels maybe 18's how low can i drop it with out bottoming out,more for handling and to get more high tech rubber under the car
We used the DSE 2" drop coil springs with the DSE gas replacement shocks and it's nice and low, great ride still and nothing to worry about bottoming out! No shims to worry about..... Just a simple coil spring replacement and their shocks that are matched to the coil springs rate, very important when trying to optimize your suspension...

Take a look at the stance on our car... Oh and it has 18" on it too...

Photoshoot  10-3-10 014.jpg

Love the stance Scot! Did you do any wheels well mods front or rear and was size rubber you running? I know i seen a thread with this info. just to lazy to look! :confused:
Chris

+1 for the DSE shocks and springs! I just recently installed them on my 87 GN with stock wheels and tires and love it. The stance is great even with the stock wheels and 235-60s. The ride and handling are incredible as well, huge improvement. They are a bit pricey but well worth the money. As Scot mentioned, it pays to have parts designed to work with each other.

I have eibach springs and bilstein shocks. Rides and performs better than stock but the car bounces and bottoms out on everyday driving. It's very annoying. A buddy told me I need a spring with a number, not a brand/name. I'm not happy with the eibachs, but it does look good.

Those with the DSE Kit dropped 2"... did this mess up your camber bad? I'm not sure whats better, the 2" drop spindle or a spring/shock combo?