You can type here any text you want

Watts Link on a TB anyone?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
There is always two sides to every story and Adam you dont have all the facts straight I won't go into details because it is not your business or anybody else. I can take the name calling sorry I am not as buff as you.
I dont owe Scott anything, I helped him more than you every have with his business and given him lots of parts.

You and Turbo Dave have not seen the PM from Scott to my friends and me if you did your opinion might be different or maybe not.

You owe Scot a debt of gratitude for being there for you when no one else would. I don't need to see pms from Scot, he had plenty of reason to be aggrevated with the way you did him. It would not surprise me in the least if he went off in a couple of pm's. Be glad it wasn't me, I can tell you this, from what I know about the situation and your actions in his home, I would not have been near as understanding or patient with you as Scot was.

What the hell does my help to his business have anything to do with this. I help Scot the way a friend should, the same way he helps me. Without thought or motivation of what I will receive in return. You should check it out, it's how friends are supposed to treat each other.

I don't know Charlie, it seems like this little group has a hard on for Scot and follow him around bashing him every chance they get or at least on his technical post.

That's what gets me. I started out in GT1 Corvettes, built my own car, and then moved on to FF1600. That was when I was 18 and I'm 46 now. Went to school to earn an AAS in Auto service technology and started working mostly on suspension. I learned how to modify suspension to do a specific job and am currently and ASE master that has specialized in suspension for years. Why a person that has posted a technical info post should be trashed on this board is beyond me. The only thing I can even guess on is they are getting some sort of incentive to post info like this. A Watts link is a good modification but is only effective if you've got a highly modified suspension that is intended to drive at extremely high speeds over 100 MPH and has to go around corners at these kinds of speeds.

How about this idea guys. I'm going to say one thing, bash me if youd like.

We are a small community with some of the very best set ups in the country, including Scotts car. We need to stop battling each other, threatening each other, being completely rude to each other. I've really had it with the suspension section. I have no money to make or earn, no set ups to sell, nobody gives me deals on parts becuase i pimp there sh*t. I'm hear to better other people by giving good solid tried and true information. I'm going to say, I'm not always perfect, I'm not always right, and I'm open to constructive information becuase if anybody can help my car go 150+mph around corners, please step in and give some insight.

Why cant we work as a community?

Scott, this is for you.......I appologize publicly right now for mentioning in your thread to that you might want to think twice before you mount tires on those nice shiny new expensive rims. I tried to do so in a very kind manner which I can repost what i posted if youd like. I think if you read my initial post, you'd see that I was only trying to help. I spent a ton of money on my rims and so did you. I had problem with rubbing with my -.5 deg and didnt want you to have the same problems I did. I've spent a ton of years measuring on these cars and I am good at knowing what fits. I was only trying to help.

I really think we need to step back and look at why we have the community that we have. We have it becuase we are the minority to Mustangs and Camaro's. Yet for some reason, we seem to stomp half of those dudes in all aspects........except suspensions. Thats why I gained interest in the first place back when I was 14 and got my first GBody. We are the minority and the weakest in the suspension category.

From now on, instead of trying to be better and the best and blast each other on every single freakin post, how about gain from each others true experienced knowledge? Not copy and paste, not he said or she said, simply this helped me and that helped me.

If this crap drama keeps going, nobody is going to learn from our posts. It's only going to be a soap opera. I'm not a soap opera kind of dude.

Sound fare enough? Lets get this straight right now and be done with it.

How about this idea guys. I'm going to say one thing, bash me if youd like.

We are a small community with some of the very best set ups in the country, including Scotts car. We need to stop battling each other, threatening each other, being completely rude to each other. I've really had it with the suspension section. I have no money to make or earn, no set ups to sell, nobody gives me deals on parts becuase i pimp there sh*t. I'm hear to better other people by giving good solid tried and true information. I'm going to say, I'm not always perfect, I'm not always right, and I'm open to constructive information becuase if anybody can help my car go 150+mph around corners, please step in and give some insight.

Scott, this is for you.......I appologize publicly right now for mentioning in your thread to that you might want to think twice before you mount tires on those nice shiny new expensive rims. I tried to do so in a very kind manner which I can repost what i posted if youd like. I think if you read my initial post, you'd see that I was only trying to help. I spent a ton of money on my rims and so did you. I had problem with rubbing with my -.5 deg and didnt want you to have the same problems I did. I've spent a ton of years measuring on these cars and I am good at knowing what fits. I was only trying to help.

I really think we need to step back and look at why we have the community that we have. We have it becuase we are the minority to Mustangs and Camaro's. Yet for some reason, we seem to stomp half of those dudes in all aspects........except suspensions. Thats why I gained interest in the first place back when I was 14 and got my first GBody. We are the minority and the weakest in the suspension category.

From now on, instead of trying to be better and the best and blast each other on every single freakin post, how about gain from each others true experienced knowledge? Not copy and paste, not he said or she said, simply this helped me and that helped me.

If this crap drama keeps going, nobody is going to learn from our posts. It's only going to be a soap opera. I'm not a soap opera kind of dude.

Sound fare enough? Lets get this straight right now and be done with it.

Sounds reasonable enough to me. Jeremy, you and I have never had a problem and I am not trying to create one now. I'm all for letting sleeping dogs lie!

I cant believe I used to like that song!

Hell, I can't believe I still like it, but just a little ;)

How about this idea guys. I'm going to say one thing, bash me if you'd like.

We are a small community with some of the very best set ups in the country, including Scott's car. We need to stop battling each other, threatening each other, being completely rude to each other. I've really had it with the suspension section. I have no money to make or earn, no set ups to sell, nobody gives me deals on parts because i pimp there sh*t. I'm hear to better other people by giving good solid tried and true information. I'm going to say, I'm not always perfect, I'm not always right, and I'm open to constructive information because if anybody can help my car go 150+mph around corners, please step in and give some insight.

Scott, this is for you.......I apologize publicly right now for mentioning in your thread to that you might want to think twice before you mount tires on those nice shiny new expensive rims. I tried to do so in a very kind manner which I can repost what i posted if you'd like. I think if you read my initial post, you'd see that I was only trying to help. I spent a ton of money on my rims and so did you. I had problem with rubbing with my -.5 deg and didnt want you to have the same problems I did. I've spent a ton of years measuring on these cars and I am good at knowing what fits. I was only trying to help.

I really think we need to step back and look at why we have the community that we have. We have it because we are the minority to Mustangs and Camaro's. Yet for some reason, we seem to stomp half of those dudes in all aspects........except suspensions. That's why I gained interest in the first place back when I was 14 and got my first G-Body. We are the minority and the weakest in the suspension category.

From now on, instead of trying to be better and the best and blast each other on every single freaking post, how about gain from each others true experienced knowledge? Not copy and paste, not he said or she said, simply this helped me and that helped me.

Sound fair enough? Lets get this straight right now and be done with it.

I'm very proud of you Jeremy. It really takes a man to apologize. You're right, the community is small and loosing members continually. we don't need to loose more through fighting and petty remarks.

Just make sure you don't turn around while you are backing out!!

Gonna say this isn't constructive at all. We need to remember that we are few and far between and we need to help each other.:smile:

Sometimes it isn't about being constructive. Sitting there reading the responses like they are...then you read something like what I put...that's enough SOMETIMES to through people off their original.....issue (we'll call it)...and calm down a bit after a chuckle. ;)

Back