You can type here any text you want

weber racing Stroker kit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Almost all stroker kits will be similar no matter who you purchase it from, try one of the Vendors here on the board (Weber is not one of them). It is the machine shop doing the work you will have to watch out for.

Bryan

My bad.
I assumed since Bill from Weber does not have a blue name that they were not a vendor. I apologize for the confusion.

Bryan

Just saw one make 500whp around 20psi with a relatively stock looking engine compartment with conservative timing on 93/alky. It had a lot more in it. Keep in mind this is a Weber machined and assembled long block that was tuned by Otto J. Not some random machine shop and wannabe tuner. There is usually a huge difference in result when you use top names on a project like this. For the timing and very close to stock appearing combo this engine was one of the strongest ive seen around. With more timing and better fuel this engine could have made 30whp more without any added boost. Mid 10 sec power on an iron headed engine at 20 psi. You dont see that too often on here.

Anyone ever bought a stroker kit from these guys? need some feedback before i go into my wallet

3.625 3.8L Turbo Buick V6 Stroker Rotating Assembly Kits

i think it is worth it as i had them do a short block for me. you will also need and flex plate and a stock balancer redone for the balancing. plus the block clearanced. for what its worth i seen alot of increase in power over stock motor. some will argue and some will agree

Just saw one make 500whp around 20psi with a relatively stock looking engine compartment with conservative timing on 93/alky. It had a lot more in it. Keep in mind this is a Weber machined and assembled long block that was tuned by Otto J. Not some random machine shop and wannabe tuner. There is usually a huge difference in result when you use top names on a project like this. For the timing and very close to stock appearing combo this engine was one of the strongest ive seen around. With more timing and better fuel this engine could have made 30whp more without any added boost. Mid 10 sec power on an iron headed engine at 20 psi. You dont see that too often on here.

actually i had it apart in many pieces replacing a piston but weber did build it first
it is very stock appearing with stock covers tb and plenum , even rolling around on stock gn rims
and the stealth 67 turbo on TE compressor cover (looks like a te44) with the stock location stretch that looks stock (its a mease slic)
heads and intake by champion but they dont give away anything
, 218 roller with stock rockers so it used stock valvecovers so nothing to see there.. but those stock breeze clamps and IC hoses have to go

has a 3" thdp (mease) and it is girdled so if you looked underneath the car you might be tipped off that its not stock,
and i agree it should be around 530 at 21psi

went 97 in the 1/8 120 out the back last wednesday on 26" tires in the heat , without the help of a good launch

actually i had it apart in many pieces replacing a piston but weber did build it first
it is very stock appearing with stock covers tb and plenum , even rolling around on stock gn rims
and the stealth 67 turbo on TE compressor cover (looks like a te44) with the stock location stretch that looks stock (its a mease slic)
, 218 roller with stock rockers so it used stock valvecovers so nothing to see there.. but those stock breeze clamps and IC hoses have to go

has a 3" thdp (mease) and it is girdled so if you looked underneath the car you might be tipped off that its not stock,

went 97 in the 1/8 120 out the back last wednesday on 26" tires in the heat , without the help of a good launch

Your sig shows that your non-stroker combos are comparable in the power department. What have you noticed about the stroker vs stock setup?

Yeah and the air in the shop sucked the last 2 weeks. You're going to go faster than 120mph out the back next time.

Your sig shows that your non-stroker combos are comparable in the power department. What have you noticed about the stroker vs stock setup?

they cost a little more , but have more potential , personally i dont see the need for stroke unless plans are to full cage the car and get your nhra license

if 10s are the goal the std stroke can get it done but with the stroker youll get to tell your freinds you did it with less boost , still have to make the HP to run the numbers

the stroker will also let you run a tighter converter and a bigger cam and still have an acceptable idle and a streetable feel with the tighter connverter

the car bison mentioned needs a better converter than the AC9" and some taller tires and a real alky system as well as data logging

they cost a little more , but have more potential , personally i dont see the need for stroke unless plans are to full cage the car and get your nhra license

if 10s are the goal the std stroke can get it done but with the stroker youll get to tell your freinds you did it with less boost , still have to make the HP to run the numbers

the stroker will also let you run a tighter converter and a bigger cam and still have an acceptable idle and a streetable feel with the tighter connverter

the car bison mentioned needs a better converter than the AC9" and some taller tires and a real alky system as well as data logging

The AC was ok at the power it was dealing with. Anymore it will need a converter that will couple better.

My diamond pistons are about 7 years old now, never had an issue with them. RPE built my shortblock. ran 30 psi at times to

My diamond pistons are about 7 years old now, never had an issue with them. RPE built my shortblock. ran 30 psi at times to

Is it a stroker? 30psi...if it is you must be in the 9s.:cool: I read that this Diamond piston issue was only with the Stoker pistons. I also read it has since been resolved. The reported failures on here vs. the number of people that use that brand is very low. I have a set in a 234...no problems yet...knock on wood:biggrin:

.but i wouldnt recommend the diamond pistons

I would not use those either, but I have used Diamond turbo pistons that have a regular dish like stock, and they have performed as well as any turbo forged piston. :)

What I will personally try next is the new JE piston with a spherical dish, instead of the stock type stepped dish. :biggrin:

Also, I recall reading that JE and Diamond are the same company, or made in the same plant?

I do know that both brands have different performance levels of pistons, so when purchasing a rotating assembly kit, check and view piston specs.

I bought the 247 kit worked great 9.60s 139 mph something like that theres a vid on you tube

Back