Weighing budget hydroboost options

Sasquatch440

Im in the process of gathering parts to convert my 87 turbo t to hydroboost. Ive seen the astro van conversions, but ive stumbled upon a unit off an 80s b body GM that looks extremely similar to one off a hot air turbo g body. I picked up the b body unit and ive sourced a g body diesel unit from a junkyard and im waiting for it to be shipped. I will do a side by side of them when i get ready to convert. the only difference i can tell in the b body unit is it sits about half an inch taller in the mounting plate than a gbody unit. Has anyone tried this before??

Just my 2 cents .... Do yourself a favor, buy a new kit from someone like Talon Hydraulic... you will save yourself a lot of headaches. Budget and hydroboost do not go together. Your mileage may vary.....

I really dont mind the headache, it shouldn't be as bad since I know to expect it with this, ha. I'm just looking for an alternative to buying a marked up bosch pump from a company that wont give out details as to what the pump was originally designed for

I got parts from Kirban and Rock Auto following this how to:
cedarcrestspeedlab.com

It worked out really well for me.

I ended up using a bulkhead fitting for the Hydroboost return instead of the tee

A reman unit off an earlier turbo car seems to be NLA , places say they stock it and will take your money but they'll tell you within a week that they or no one else has one

This is a video I followed to put my own together to save a few bucks. Been working great.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
thats way to go. randy
hey where you get those oil lines at on new build they are sweet

I've been looking. It seems the booster is hard to find these days. Maybe this but it would require a different mounting bracket.