You can type here any text you want

Welding the HR sway bar brackets?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Welding the HR lower brackets or not?

• Total voters

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
I was reading through the destructions for my HR sway bar and it said that welding the lower bracket to the axle tubes was recommended. My questions are: how many of you all actually had to weld the bracket to the tube to keep it from spinning under hard launches? If you did need to weld it, what kind of short times were you pulling to necisitate this??

TIA

I didn't weld mine but I have thought about doing it. This is a good post I wonder if anyone has ever spun theirs.

I hope that people will chime in on this thread...the only reason why I ask is that HR recommended it and there must be a good reason why. I'm wondering if a good solid tack weld on either side would work rather then doing a full bead weld and risking warping the axle tubes with too much heat??? My pop has had his bolted on since they first came out with this part...the best we can tell it's still right where it was installed and he has had numerous 1.4X short times.

I hope that people will chime in on this thread...the only reason why I ask is that HR recommended it and there must be a good reason why. I'm wondering if a good solid tack weld on either side would work rather then doing a full bead weld and risking warping the axle tubes with too much heat??? My pop has had his bolted on since they first came out with this part...the best we can tell it's still right where it was installed and he has had numerous 1.4X short times.

You know it wouldn't hurt to tack it, just for peace of mind. :) I'm in the 1.45 60ft range also. Mine hasn't moved. ;)

Started having issue's with my 60 foot last year and found the HR bar had rotated. A few tack welds and no more problems.

It bent the hard lines pretty good. Got lucky I caught it before they broke!

Started having issue's with my 60 foot last year and found the HR bar had rotated. A few tack welds and no more problems.

What kind of welder did you use? Mind snapping a few pics of the weld location??

Back