You can type here any text you want

what cam should I buy ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fastlikeanascar

Its never fast enough !!
I have a brand new set of full race port GN1 heads & intake
My block is bored .30 over
all forged internals
gonna be using a stock crank..
I am gonna be running a 70mm T BB turbo

Just wanted some input on what I should get to finish this motor off . Girdle etc.

I've been setting aside money for this motor while currently building my other Gn's I want this to be my messiah of motors..

I already Have A full billet tranny I bought from extreme automatics tht I'm gonna mate to this motor..

I think the heads intake & turbo are the biggest things I needed to get out of the way & I've done tht..

My goal is anywhere in the 10's .. High -Low- Middle ... as long as it says 10 I'm happy.

Similar goals to what I have.

This spring, I'm planning on a girdle and roller rockers to go with what I have. On top of those, maybe a couple more psi of boost and a better 60' and I'll have some solid 10s (could hit 10s with just a better 60 I guess).

I think your setup would be pretty good with a roller in the 210-220 range. I was and am pretty happy with the roller kit that I got from fullthrottle FWIW.

If I get comfortable with the motor, then my next step is to put some thought and work (and of course $$) into the suspension. So much of solid 10s is in the launch. Heck, I've run more than a few mid 12s at 122+mph, the mph is there for 10s but not everything else.

Bamford went at least mid 9's with a DLS 218/218. You should be able to get away with a 212 for high 10's.

People usually do girdle or caps, really depends on what your builder prefers.

I would look into a steel crank on a build like you are doing. :cool:

Is it a must to get the billet main caps ?

I think do one or the other.

I'm chosing girdle, but I think you would be ok with just billet caps into the 10s.

My thinking is that I really don't like the idea of just 2 bolt mains, even with the billet caps. I do like how a girdle ties everything together. I don't know if one or the other is really the end all - be all, but those are my thoughts.

Ask your builder and your wallet... IMO doing the girdle right cost more. If you are looking mid 10's all day long you should be fine with just the caps. My TFS motor built by DLS is not girdled and we feel fine going into the high 9's with it...

I wouldnt go over 212 and be sure to get a good torque converter

Dan,

What are the specs on the street 218 compared to the race 218 (lift, centerline)?

Melissa had a comp cam 212/212 .. 10s "shouldn't" be a problem. You have way more "stuff" than she did :cool:

I have a brand new set of full race port GN1 heads & intake
My block is bored .30 over
all forged internals
gonna be using a stock crank..
I am gonna be running a 70mm T BB turbo

Just wanted some input on what I should get to finish this motor off . Girdle etc.

I've been setting aside money for this motor while currently building my other Gn's I want this to be my messiah of motors..

I already Have A full billet tranny I bought from extreme automatics tht I'm gonna mate to this motor..

I think the heads intake & turbo are the biggest things I needed to get out of the way & I've done tht..

My goal is anywhere in the 10's .. High -Low- Middle ... as long as it says 10 I'm happy.

I have a great 224/224 billet roller cam I can make you a deal on. Went 9.60s with it but it still idles great. PM if interested.

I bet she has a great tune

ya she did!! BUT thats the name of the game.. So many people have 9 sec capable cars that run 11/12s.. we drive her car everywhere so streetability has to be there.. oh ya... bigger isn't always better :p

Back