What do you do for a living?

I am an Electrician at a Diamond Mine in the Canadian Arctic.
The picture is of my home for 2 weeks of every month.

Is this the same place the "Ice Road Truckers" drive the shipments to?

iceroadsmap.jpg

I am a Designer/ Master Goldsmith with 37 years of experience. Just about ready for retirement. Freedom 55. I conceive and execute all of my designs myself from the master wax model to the set and finished item. I have created high end Jewelry for celebrities from all over the world. The Buick is my stress relief, if you can believe it? :smile:

Pics of my work on the custom site below.

wow ! very nice work west:smile:

I work for a used machinery dealer in Huntsville, AL. I work on presses, brakes, mills, lathes, grinders, CNC and logic controls. Basically if you have ever been in a factory that does stuff with metal I have worked on it. I can't make you anything, not a machinist. Been fixing stuff for about 15 years.

I'm an Environmental Scientist and work for an engineering and environmental consulting firm. I have a B.A. in Environmental Studies w/ a Poly Sci minor, afterall the environment and politics go hand in hand.

I Am A Lic Plumber. Own A Small Buiseness. I Install Complete Heating And Cooling Systems From Forced Hot Water, Steam, Hydro Air, Etc. Boiler Replacements, Remodels, And Do Some Light Investing.

I am a Research Associate for Church & Dwight (the makers of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda). I do scale-up work (80-120 kg batches) on all new products before they are released to the public. Most work involves product stability, package integrity, and flavor/fragrance variations.

You may be using a lot of the stuff that I work on:

Arm & Hammer liquid and powder detergents
Close-up, Aim, Hulk, Mentadent toothpastes
UltraMax and Arrid XX antiperspirants
Nair depilatories and waxes
Trojan Condoms, lubes, and vibrating rings:redface:
and now
OrangeGlow
Kaboom!

p/t (a)> Class A CDL casual driver for Penske Truck Leasing (3 nites a week)

p/t (b)> Track Official for Englishtown Raceway Park (weekends)

Aftermarket Sales Engineer. I sale pumps to the oil & Gas Petrochemical refineries. Been doing this for about 14 years.

New to the board, but not new to fast cars....

Currently I am RETIRED, and plan to stay that way! Had one year of pre-Med, was drafted in 1966, got back in 1968 worked as a swithchman for Ma Bell, a NYC police officer, a coin, stamp, antiques and collectible dealer, a gold and silver refiner back in 79-82 with the first gold rush, and a diecast car dealer for Franklin and Danbury Mints! Must say I enjoyed most of these! I'm an old timer (60) and have had many cars over the last 45 years. I had bought my GN new in 1987 and immediately started racing it in Bklyn. NY. I'm intimately familiar with Job Spetter Sr. of Turbo People and Kenny Duttweiler (built 2 engines for me). At one time I kept a list of the fastest GN's in the country for the GSCA. In 1991 got my single turbo car into the 10.40's at 130. Unfortunately SOLD the car about 5 years ago due to family health reasons and lack of time. WORST mistake I ever made. LOVED that car and the IEATV8S was the plate on it. :frown:
I still have a 1973 custom Corvette with a Gale Banks twin turbo motor in it that was built 25 years ago. Been sitting in the garage for the last 6 years, but had run 10.86 at 138 at Englishtown back in 1985. I had been undecided which car to sell, but the Corvette has been with me so long, I just had to keep it! Plan to give it to my grandson IF he gets into cars (he's 10 now). Enjoy this site and wish you all well. Remember cubic money ALWAYS beats cubic inches!:)

Roy Rauch

Roy, I recently bought your 87 GN. Would love to hear more stories/info on the car. Still have all the original paperwork from when you ordered it.

Well since this 2007 thread has risen from the dead.
1994-1996 NYPD Transit police (back when we had our own department and some of the coolest co workers and brass in the city)

1996-2016 FDNY!!!!!

But my proudest job has been a DJ/Turntablist. Me and a partner ran out own DJ business and did just about every 10-13 party (sick mos in need of money. Fundraising party) and regular party out there. I did abs still do use turntables and a mixture of real vinyl records and serato (electronic timecode records with real turntables). But I’m pretty much retired from everything now. I miss the DJing tho. Beat matching by ear since 1989. No of that iPod DJ crap for me. Real DJing is a craft and a skill that a lot of people honestly can’t do. But now with the sync equipment that mixes for you I good DJ who can mix by ear Is no longer needed. It’s a shame what the word is turning into.

At least we still have our turbo regals

I’m an aircraft mechanic for jetblue. Been working on jets since 07.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk