what is the biggest baer brakes for a 17inch rim..

THE BLACK MAMBA

as stated looking for the biggest bear brakes that can fit a 17 inch rim, just wondering what would work for front and back...thanks

I got mine from cottons performance and he was a big help.I have 18 inch wheels on my car with 14 rotors and baer calipers.I think they would fit on a 17.I wanted to get the 6 piston but they were $1000 a piece and you have to use the 1 piston rear.Make sure your offset and backspacing will work.Check out ssbc,I saw there kit and the rear is a 4piston.

It all depends on what wheel you are using. I have Baer 12" discs on all 4 wheels with Boze Pro Touring 17" wheels. According to Baer, I could Not run 13" brakes with these wheels. (They have no step on the outside, the step is on the inside of the wheel.) There is very little clearance with the valve stem (also on the inside of the wheel) and the caliper. All the wheels are different, and most 17" wheels would fit 13" brakes, but you need to check any combination. ;)

i have the 17 inch Simmons, but what to get some 18 inch wheels later...just want to get them bigger now just incase i decide to change wheel combo...what do you guys use for a spare tire after the brake upgrade?

i have the 17 inch Simmons, but what to get some 18 inch wheels later...just want to get them bigger now just incase i decide to change wheel combo...what do you guys use for a spare tire after the brake upgrade?

On my 2+2 w have a Corvette 17" aluminum spare that was $40 at the salvage yard, but we only have 12" baer's.

I have no experience with 17" wheels. I have 12" Baer & had to use 84/85 GN wheels or use spacers on my original TType 87 wheels. I'd llike bigger brakes, however, I wanted to keep the sleeper (stock appearing) look. I got my 12" from Jack & he was great to deal with.

It really depends on the wheel... every wheel is different.

Usually we do the Track system (2 piston caliper 13" rotor), though we have also fit the new 6P (Pro + 6 piston in some 17" wheels as well).

Best bet is to check with a template, I send you the Track and Pro+ templates today, if you have any questions call me.

Mizz.. with our new 6P 6 piston caliper we can upgrade an existing Track system (swap calipers to a 6 piston) for around $1k list. This includes both calipers, brackets, hardware and pads.

As for the 4 piston rear set up mentioned there is no real way to do it correctly since the factory rear is a c-clip rear and the axle moves. When you run a fixed mounted caliper (4 or 6 piston) and the axle has movement, the axle will push the rotor into the pad, pad into the piston, piston into the bore of the caliper and you get what is referred to as piston knock back (pedal goes to the floor) and has to be pumped to come back. That is why currently we only offer fixed/opposed piston calipers on fixed bearing rear ends (9" etc). We have developed a floating bracket to use on c-clip rears... just not there on the g-body yet.

Hope that helps..
Thx

can you p.m a price on what you think i need front and back... on a 17 inch simmon wheels, daily driver.. i think you know the back space on that rim :biggrin:

I am assuming you got the e-mail that I sent today with the templates?

If so respond to that one so I have it on Monday, I will e-mail you back with some options and prices.

Thx!

I did the template today and what i got was 2 3/4 same as the template instructions...so if i did it correctly it looks alittle tight but let me know if it will work...i was trying to post pics but its to big to file...i will try again