what is the most rare nos buick part you own?

It's not new but it's in great shape - the original AM radio that came in my T Type. Forget the code but the trunk sticker has the correct RPO code to match. The AM radio didn't get rear speakers so they also left out the wiring harness, so I had to run my own wires to the back when I put in a CD player :).

It's not new but it's in great shape - the original AM radio that came in my T Type. Forget the code but the trunk sticker has the correct RPO code to match. The AM radio didn't get rear speakers so they also left out the wiring harness, so I had to run my own wires to the back when I put in a CD player :).

Not to get off topic, but if it didn't need the FM antenna from the factory, what did they do for the antenna? I've heard in these situations they used power antennas and left them unhooked. IIRC the AM antenna is in the radio.

I just saw this post.....as many of you know I have had quite anumber of rare turbo buick items over the years.

Three things that come to mind that I sold was: few years back I bought all the remaining real GNX books that were numbered and never claimed by GNX owners. had about 80 I got from Molly of the 547 never claimed. Sold most still have a few I kept.

Going back even further late 1980s I bought all the remaining real GNX turbos think I had 10-12 of them. Richard Clark bought some of them from me.

Again from Molly when he was getting out of the Buick clothes business I bought his remaining GNX jackets....had maybe 40 of them all gone.

What I do have I kept: I have a brand new GN dash trim plate signed by Molly in my office.

I have the REAL GNX car number plates for 001, 002, 003, 004 got them from the guy who would hand paint them for ASC back in the day.

From Molly I got 3 different hand made prototypes of the turbocharged riveria emblems.

Being in the business I am in I have always sought the unusual items. I am well known in Hurst circles as owning the rarest Hurst collection of anyone period.....including original artwork for the Hurst wheel, ads, and over a dozen various prototype shifter knobs, even the original blue print for the Hurst building.

Related to GTOs I have brand new in the box a very rare AC hood tach. Most owners have only seen the Olds or Pontiac hood tachs as the AC was extremely rare.

From Don Garlits from his 001 drag pack challenger I own 3 of his original tires & wheels signed by him and the suspension out of his 001 drag pak hemi challenger.

The fun is in the hunt.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

As mentioned earlier it would be difficult for anyone to beat Richard Clark. For many years I sold him original tires & wheels and he has more sets of them than anyone I am aware of.

I have found him some unique things over the years to add to his collection.

If you want to sell this let me know as I like to have to put in my personal T....got a photo to email me? I assume its a straight am nothing else.

advise if you wanna part with it.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Well, I don't know if it has a part number actually but it's a dealer promotional iron on(heat transfer) for a t-shirt for the new 78 Turbo Buicks. Also a 78(75th anniversary)letter opener.

Not to get off topic, but if it didn't need the FM antenna from the factory, what did they do for the antenna? I've heard in these situations they used power antennas and left them unhooked. IIRC the AM antenna is in the radio.

No, it needs the external antenna. Mine does not have the power antenna, just a fixed one.

Unopened NOS aluminum drums. GNX turboshield. GNX uppipe with that fancy coating. GNX emblems. GNX shocks (were they the same as a GN?).

Jason

The most rare NOS part I own???

That'd be my NOS, 1970 Stage 1 Valve spring(as in, just 1)...

Yeah,

I got nothing...:frown:

I have two NOS T center caps. I don't think those were listed yet.

I know someone that had a set of door skins also.

One of the most rare parts that I have had over the years was a complete INDY electronics system with even some parts on it that Richard don't have, Well Richard now has the one I had!!! :biggrin:

Scot W.

Ever seen a copy of the list from ASC with all the GNX's on it with their build date, VIN#, and which dealership they went to?? Ever seen the GM blueprints of the 109 block and the 8445 heads?? If you want to just come to the TB.com Nats in May to Richards shop and you can see this, and MUCH MUCH more for yourself.

Ravi aka TRFANATIC has a lot of rare stuff too. His stuff is mint as all my NOS parts came from his collection or most of it ;)

(2) NOS Hoodpads
(1) Original Set sealed Goodyear Eagle GTs (picked them up recently)off a 3k mile Olds 442
(2) sets of all NOS bezels for my 87 Limited
(1) NOS in box Hood Ornament
(1) NOS Header Panel
(1) NOS Bumper Guards
(1) NOS Tail Lenses (Never mounted, SUPPERRR RED)
(1) NOS Marker Lamps
(1) NOS Steering Wheel "T"
(1) NOS GM Factory CD Player (never installed in box)
(4) NOS Turbo T Center Caps

A mint GN steering wheel, center console, touch climate control from a wrecked t type, and a few mint hoods as well.Some other stuff buried in the garage I cant think of including rare GTO brochures and factory models (promos in boxes) since great uncle owned Milt Miller Pontiac in Euclid , Ohio for years!

Ravi has a lot of stuff too! He has some unreal interior and pretty much a set of all the mouldings you can get for our cars. Saving up to buy more from him!;)

Ever seen a copy of the list from ASC with all the GNX's on it with their build date, VIN#, and which dealership they went to?? Ever seen the GM blueprints of the 109 block and the 8445 heads?? If you want to just come to the TB.com Nats in May to Richards shop and you can see this, and MUCH MUCH more for yourself.
Last year it was in March, were the dates moved to May?

Thread Resurrection!!! :D

NOS front Floor mats, NIB. Sold one set for 300$ ! Kept one set.

NOS "correct" lower radiator hose with internal spring. Scored on Ebay for 30$

Maybe I'll retire early! :rolleyes:

I picked up some NOS clear parking lenses just recently from a couple different sources. 2 lefts and 1 right. Rumor has it the lefts are harder to get. I'd sell one of the lefts to someone who has a right but i'm warning you I didn't get them cheap!