What kind of chip is good ?

Brian Verson

I just bought a SMC Kit & 42lbs injectors . I'm looking for a chip, should I go with an adjustable one like the one Casper Elect. sells or just a single chip like Thrashers 100 / 108
I have both of these chips . :confused:

Mods done Exhaust 3"DP Single Shot W / Dump no cat
ATR cold air box
Volts booster
Poston 57 gph FP (Hotwired)
Front Mount IC
160 Thermostat
Thrasher chips 92/93/100/108
Stock Stall & Turbo

my .02

The alky is going to allow you to dial in more boost with whatever chip you decide to use. The octane of the fuel you are using should play into what chip you are going to use. Yes you can use a high timing chip with under-rated fuel and alky but you will either get knock at low-moderate boostlevels before the alky comes on or you will have to turn on the alky at really low boostlevels (killing your spool up and consuming your alky faster). IMO run the chip that is rated for your fuel and turn the boost up to oblivion on the street and when you go to the track then experiment with the other chips but kick in the alky sooner. I hope this helps. Would some of the other alchoholics chime in.

Are you sure that you have a Thrasher chip for the 42# injectors?
I can be wrong (& have been before) but I thought that 36# Blue tops were as larger as Thrasher made chips for. :confused:
I agree with Nasty Wendy's information. To me the most important thing to remember is do all changes in small steps so that you don't hurt the engine or head gaskets.
Gary

Is this chip the same as the casper electronics chip . I have never heard of this chip , do you have a location on were to find it .