You can type here any text you want

What rear upper/lower control arms?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dragrazor

My upper/lower rear control arms are 25 yrs old. I dont want anything adjustable but would like an upgrade or stock ones with new bushings. My car is not a race car so nothing crazy needed. What do you guys recommend? Thank you in advance.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

New bushings, maybe some del-a-lum bushings and tall upper and lower ball joints to upgrade your stock arms

Dsapper, you talking front or rear, i am talking about the rears

Lol, might help if I read it correctly. I'd still go with some kind of swivel bushing on the car mount end of both and a new rubber bushing on the axle end. You can't have swivel joints on both ends without other things holding the rear but it will still reduce some binding. As cheap as they are if still look at some adjustable upper curries or something and box the lowers.

My upper/lower rear control arms are 25 yrs old. I dont want anything adjustable but would like an upgrade or stock ones with new bushings. My car is not a race car so nothing crazy needed. What do you guys recommend? Thank you in advance.

Get stock bushing or if you want you can do a heim type replacement for the stock ones. You can also get tubular ones fairly reasonable if you shop around, but make sure they have locations for the sway bar mount if you're still using the original one.;)

Charlie, do you have a link to the tubular ones you would recommend with the sway bar mount? pm me if you want.

If you were running a helwig or HR bar I know where you can get tubular ones at really reasonable prices, but I boxed mine in an extreme version until I go with adjustable ones. It's been a while since I looked for a set so I'm not sure who has the best prices anymore, sorry.:(

No more then he's asking for......just box the old ones with new bushings and be done and cheep.

I have used UMI and liked it a lot but switched to H&R compete rear set up and have been very happy.

I know you said non adjustable but, Ridetech is the real deal rear end 003.JPGrear end 003.JPGrear end 003.JPG

Have Metco lowers on mine and an HR Bar.
Beautiful pieces. Too bad you cant see them unless you go under the car, lol.

Attachments

• 197391_1923619218060_7340042_n.jpg
    197391_1923619218060_7340042_n.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 141
Umi here. I got the tubular uppers and boxed lowers. Mine is not going to be a race car. I also replaced bushings in rear end housing

I boxed mine 25 years ago, they finally cracked, I went with UMI lowers, and my own upper 4 link setup with tubular arms and heims, alum bushings in housing.

Back