Whats kind of horsepower and times

Michael30815

I have never been to the track with my 87 t-type, but i would like to know what are my estimated time and horsepower with the below listed upgrades.

TE-44 turbo with rjc boost controller ( set to 23lbs)
60 lbs injectors with walbro fuel pump and adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
Alcohol injection-
Big mouth cold and intake
3 inch dual GN1 catback exhaust
3 inch downpipe with 3 inch testpipe
Turbo tweak alcohol chip
Stock block
Stock cam and heads
Brand new valve springs
Milledge is 141,000 k

I'll take a stab... Will you be running a slick or DR? If you can leave with good boost and HOOK 11.3~11.5 @ 117 - 120. Estimated HP at those time should be around 450- 470. After reading countless combo threads I think it might fall somewhere in there. :)

^ By how much? I'm sure it can't be that far off from the times I stated.

Well, we don't know if he has ever gone down the track or how to launch a turbo car. We don't know if he has drag radials or street tires, don't know if he has a good tune, don't know if the engine is tight or beat, don't know if the tranny is beat, don't know the stall.
That stock engine is only good for 4800 or so, I wouldn't wind it to 5800 unless I was purposely trying to break it. In experienced hands with the car in excellent running shape and tune high to mid 11s. Otherwise anything from 14 to 12.00.

Ok, thanks. Stock converter, freshly rebuilt transmission, and good tune with no knock. But driver has only been down track less than 5 times in life. Regular street tires.

I really just want a 500 horsepower , 11 second gn just to say i have one. Bragging rights. Even if i cant make the car do it, maybe someone else can.

Going to be very hard to do without drag radials especially with an inexperienced driver. Don't get hung up on a hp number. I've bested many cars with higher hp. If you can't hook or can't drive too much hp is a gift to your competition.

Well, we don't know if he has ever gone down the track or how to launch a turbo car. We don't know if he has drag radials or street tires, don't know if he has a good tune, don't know if the engine is tight or beat, don't know if the tranny is beat, don't know the stall.
That stock engine is only good for 4800 or so, I wouldn't wind it to 5800 unless I was purposely trying to break it. In experienced hands with the car in excellent running shape and tune high to mid 11s. Otherwise anything from 14 to 12.00.

I would've assumed he'd already taken care of spring cleaning and had a handle on things such as his tune, hence the et's I mentioned. And especially with the parts he listed. Did not notice he was a new member. :oops: Before I ever ran my car at the track I tried to arm myself with as much knowldge as I could, to find out what make these cars TICK & LIVE SAFELY, even when I was on the stock motor.

With street tires I'd be surprised with a 13 second pass. more that likely you will spin most of the way down the track. With good tires and suspension set up I'll bet you get into the 11's.

Not going to get 500hp with a te44 very easily. Your estimated hp based on your post is about 280-300whp. The stage 3 turbine is done around 52-53lbs/min. You would need the best of everything to get that number and it will happen with a lot of boost on stock heads and cam. 380-400whp is a better hp number to shoot for and it will take a lot of effort. Estimated e.t. is 13.80 until you get some practice and the tune is lean and mean. The regular street tires wont be too fun. What spring pressure are you running on the seat? What springs?

I have a very similar combo as yours
Te44
Atr 2 1/2 exhaust
Alky
3" dp
28x 10 slicks
Art car 911 convertors
Stock valve springs
Stock timing chain
Maf pipe- kn
Slic

24# of boost

Leaving off the ebrake with 10# of boost

I went 11.48 @117

Same car less convertor I went 11.80

You have valve springs mine have 90,000 on them I'm sure they will help you.

You need tires or don't bother going to the track!!!!!!!!!!

Practice practice practice

With tires I would say your car is capable high 11's easy providing you can figure out how to drive it.

I have a very similar combo as yours
Te44
Atr 2 1/2 exhaust
Alky
3" dp
28x 10 slicks
Art car 911 convertors
Stock valve springs
Stock timing chain
Maf pipe- kn
Slic

24# of boost

Leaving off the ebrake with 10# of boost

I went 11.48 @117

Same car less convertor I went 11.80

You have valve springs mine have 90,000 on them I'm sure they will help you.

You need tires or don't bother going to the track!!!!!!!!!!

Practice practice practice

With tires I would say your car is capable high 11's easy providing you can figure out how to drive it.

I knew his combo had the times I stated. ASSUMING :p he had a soild tune and understanding of the car. That's why I asked what tire because that's key. I was going to ask which converter but slipped my mind. I know converter is a really BIG factor as well.

BTW, nice times with this combo.:cool:

Well, converter is next on my list of options with a stock location precision intercooler.
Buy a ptc from dusty his are the best ask bison he uses them in his cars if I had the extra $ and didn't already own what I do that would be what I would be buying