You can type here any text you want

Whats the best way to secure vacuume lines?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jays87gn

Well I went to the track this past Friday and the aft two vac lines on top of the throttle body blew off and of course one of them went to the map sensor and I blew my head gasket does anyone know the best way to secure these lines it doesn’t look like there is much room for clamps. pics would be great

Thanks
Jason

Second vote for zip ties. Especially on the MAP sensor if you're running alky and also on the adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

New lines, a tad bit of hair spray on the mating surfaces, and some small ty wraps..

The ones on the top of the TB I clean them really well and put them on with some super glue. Mine has gone 22lbs and still going. the only drawback is you have to remove the vac lines with a razorblade and replace them every time you need to pull them off. Jon

Running stock lines with high boost is a crap shoot like you have found out the hard way.:frown:

After years of grief with the stock lines, including blown head gaskets, we have converted our race cars to solid plastic high pressure lines.

Take an alum vac block and drill/tap it for quick release fittings using 1/4" and 1/8" HP pressure lines - these are the type used on truck air brakes.

The ultimate fix!:D

Running stock lines with high boost is a crap shoot like you have found out the hard way.:frown:

After years of grief with the stock lines, including blown head gaskets, we have converted our race cars to solid plastic high pressure lines.

Take an alum vac block and drill/tap it for quick release fittings using 1/4" and 1/8" HP pressure lines - these are the type used on truck air brakes.

They are called push-loc fittings. You can get them at Parker, Grainger, and I believe jegs and summit are carring them now. HTH

Thanks for the input I think I’m going to go with the push-lock fittings. do you have any pics with this setup. Thanks for the great idea I sure don’t want this to happen again.

I prefer AEM MAP sensors which have pipe thread on them. They can be threaded directly into the plenum for no chance of blow out. Otherwise flared steel lines and fittings work well if you want to mount the sensor away from the engine. It should be a dedicated line that has nothing t'd of of it. The same goes for the fp regulator and wastegate. Hard lines are the safest thing. One hose coming off under boost is a sure meltdown otherwise.

Here is a pic of my install: [You cannot pull the line off the MAF! Also, lines/fittings are rated at 300psi]

Attachments

• 4boltdp.jpg
    4boltdp.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 414
You can get push-locs in 1/2" and 5/8" too.........get rid of all them hose clamps.....makes for a clean install.

Nice setup I’m definitely going to go with the push lock setup. How do you get the line to connect on the map, fuel pressure regulator and pcv do they just push on line a reg vac line?

Thanks for all of your help,
Jason

Thats pretty darn sweet Nick. Never thought about doing that........... NEW PROJECT!!! LOL

They make 1/8 inch stuff, or did you mean 3/8? I thought that 1/4 was the smallest pushloc airline.

Also, how about the connection at the map sensor?

I use safety wire

keep a roll in the tool box, and pliers too,
loop it , twist it, done,!

They make 1/8 inch stuff, or did you mean 3/8? I thought that 1/4 was the smallest pushloc airline.

Also, how about the connection at the map sensor?

You can get smaller...I've used 1/16" and 3 and 4mm pushlocs......all from Parker.....kinda rare tho......

Great idea Nick! --- I finally get my car together, now I need to make a change!!

Nick's method looks like the best way, but I've been running OEM style spring clamps for several years and I've never blown a hose off. I've got a pretty mild setup though so my hoses don't see unusually high pressure. The clamps I'm referring to are like what was on your radiator overflow hose from the factory. I believe they are called "Corbin" clamps.

here's a link in case anyone is interested:

https://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-...=&start=&vfrom=&prev=&vnext=&category_list=:0

Back