What's the fastest run with a te45?

Rafs-T-Type

Not so Senior Member
Bumped into someone yesterday at the bar who claims he's running 9.8 with one. I called BS and chit got funny. I was half in the bag and said I'd bet $1000 he wasn't running those numbers with that turbo. He said he'd run me for that cash and I said no thanks, not betting I'm faster, just that you aern't running 9.8 with a te45. Now I'm starting to wonder what people have made that turbo do.

Ive been 10.0s at 25psi on a 109 block THS car. So id say you better not make that bet.;) Where in ILL. are you?
DDay

Bumped into someone yesterday at the bar who claims he's running 9.8 with one. I called BS and chit got funny. I was half in the bag and said I'd bet $1000 he wasn't running those numbers with that turbo. He said he'd run me for that cash and I said no thanks, not betting I'm faster, just that you aern't running 9.8 with a te45. Now I'm starting to wonder what people have made that turbo do.

maybee he ment 9.8 in the 1/8 mile:confused:

mike armstrong went 9.9 with plenty left but etown closed him down
and he was on a te45 not a te45a
the te45 is only 63mm the 45a is 66mm
i know another locally that went 10.20 on a full weight gn+ roll bar with only a 62 so 9s with a TE45 wouldnt surprise me one bit

Ive been 10.0s at 25psi on a 109 block THS car. So id say you better not make that bet.;) Where in ILL. are you?
DDay

I guess I thought I knew a little more than I do :redface: When he didn't know what a 109 block was and he told me he had the "stock forged crank" I just kinda assumed he was really full of it, however the car was handed down to him, so I wasn't about to say no way the car runs the 9.8. If the person in question reads this...sorry dude, but I didn't put your name down here so don't be too pissed :D.

O yeah, he says he is a member here.

Lastly thanks for the heads up, and I guess i need to learn do keep my drunk mouth shut :)

Te 45 9.80's, te 45a 9.70's, te45a gtq 9.50's. You need to be careful who and what you bet. He could be full of chit or he might be bluffing cuz he's running .2 faster than he told you.

Te 45 9.80's, te 45a 9.70's, te45a gtq 9.50's. You need to be careful who and what you bet. He could be full of chit or he might be bluffing cuz he's running .2 faster than he told you.

Bison....retired? Where you been man....haven't seen a post from you in a while. At this point I don't disbelieve his car can hit those numbers, but I still think/know he's FOS.

Take a TSM type motor, put it in a light car (3100-3200w/o driver), with the 63mm at 25-30psi launch it like a madman...there you have it.

Take a TSM type motor, put it in a light car (3100-3200w/o driver), with the 63mm at 25-30psi launch it like a madman...there you have it.
What you would do is simply block the wastegate port and run it for all it's worth:)