You can type here any text you want

What's the largest possible cubic inch?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rag231

What is the largest cubic inch stage 2 that can be built today?

I've been doing some tuning on a 283" motor.

The owner is contemplating selling it if interested. This is a motor that was brand new in the build. We're talking absolutely nothing used was used. This is a motor for someone that wants to run low 8's or even 7's.

The motor/combo is really just too much for current owner. Would be better for him to dumb it down. The guy literally went from a low 12 sec GTO Judge car to a 9 sec turbo regal.

PS. Thanks Cal for the initial XFI tune. Took very few passes to get the car into the high 9's - with much more to come if the owner ever grows some (I'm sure we could have gotten some mid-low 9's out of the car in just a few more passes).

If you could squeeze a 4" stroke in a 4" block, you'd have 302cu in.

3.750 stroke will make a 283.

Cubic inch displacement and liter calculator

Andy Jensen is a good friend of mine... and he is notorious for stuffing big crankshafts in small block Chevys. Don't think for a second that I haven't thought about asking him to work his magic on a StageII block for me. ;)

Raised cam version of the TA block?? Oddfire engine with a lot of stroke?? Please give us some details on how you'd get it there.

4.08 bore X 3.75 stroke. I would love to see a big ci odd fire setup. With the right software, you could even use a factory crank sensor for stealth mode:cool:

sounds like a killer street setup to me :eek:

What size billet turbo would that ci support cal ?

4.08 bore X 3.75 stroke. I would love to see a big ci odd fire setup. With the right software, you could even use a factory crank sensor for stealth mode:cool:

Yeah that does sound like a killer setup Cal! Kinda surprised nobody has built one yet. Maybe if I hit the lotto.:biggrin:

Yeah that does sound like a killer setup Cal! Kinda surprised nobody has built one yet. Maybe if I hit the lotto.:biggrin:

You think everyone tells the truth about what they have.....:biggrin:

sounds like a killer street setup to me :eek:

What size billet turbo would that ci support cal ?

Depends on your goals. For all out performance I would use a 47-88. For a killer street car, I would throw a 42-76 on it.

Brick: I don't think you will be the first guy to build a 3.75" stroker

You think everyone tells the truth about what they have.....:biggrin:

Nope, but honestly I really can't see why a person would try to mislead somebody about what they built. I guess for some kinda bragging rights?? Personally if I had a big cube oddfire stroker I would have no problem telling people about it.

I have 4.030 bore x 3.750 stroke odd-fire motors. Rod to cam clearance on 2 , 4 ,& 6 is a bit of a problem but it can, and has been done. Looking back i would not have gone with the 3.750 stroke cranks because of the cam clearance problem. It is not feasable to run aluminum rods with that crank. I have 2 3.500 stroke cranks with some monster MGP rods that will be seeing service soon!! Mike:cool:

I have 4.030 bore x 3.750 stroke odd-fire motors. Rod to cam clearance on 2 , 4 ,& 6 is a bit of a problem but it can, and has been done. Looking back i would not have gone with the 3.750 stroke cranks because of the cam clearance problem. It is not feasable to run aluminum rods with that crank. I have 2 3.500 stroke cranks with some monster MGP rods that will be seeing service soon!! Mike:cool:

That brings back memories of an old 421 SBC I built years ago... I had to clearence the rods to clear the already small base circle cam... I used a plastic wire tie as a go/no-go gage. I think I recall approx .030 clearence on a few lobes. :D

Back