You can type here any text you want

Where does this port go?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dmarx

Ok folks we are making progress. Attached are two pix, one of my engine, which with your assistance i got it running. Amazing what a small lead wire to the turbo control box will do to get spark!!! Damn!!! Motor runs great.!!! Now for the question. is that a vaccum port by the temp guage on the plenum. Can't find a drawing that shows the application.
Thanks
dan

hit the post button by mistake!!!! Pix are next. Ok folks we are making progress. Attached are two pix, one of my engine, which with your assistance i got it running. Amazing what a small lead wire to the turbo control box will do to get spark!!! Damn!!! Motor runs great.!!! Now for the question. is that a vaccum port by the temp guage on the plenum. Can't find a drawing that shows the application.
Thanks

Attachments

• Turbo 1_edited.jpg
    Turbo 1_edited.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 126
  • turbo 2.jpg
    turbo 2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 129
are you talking about this because those hook up to together.

Attachments

• turbo%202.jpg
    turbo%202.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 120
here is another pic to help you out. dont look at the arrow this is a pic i found that may help. see the carb.

Attachments

• 1430698a22.jpg
    1430698a22.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 129
Tha nks for the pix of the motor, I have been looking for one!!! The line I am looking at is to the lower left of the fuel inlet, about 1/2 inch in diameter and above the broken off temp sender. I really appreciate the pix of the engine!!!

I'm guessing that you're talking about the one on the left and not on the right? If I'm right it's where the PEVR valve goes. Either that or it's the port for the vacuum line to the brakes. Is it straight through or does it look like a a line fitting inside it.

Attachments

• turbo%202.jpg
    turbo%202.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 113
Charlief1 and all others. Tha nks for the help, now more questions. yes, it is the port on the left. Now, since this is going into a '28 Essex, what are the minimum vaccumn line I need?

1. Do I need the EGR valve? I have those blocked off.
2. I don't have the canister
3. I can make a PEVR valve, is it needed?
4. I found a knock sensor, not cheap!!!
5. There appears to be a coolant sensor in the manifold and a temp sensor in the plenum. Do these routinely have separate guages?

Thanks for any replies. I am getting there.
dan

Charlief1 and all others. Tha nks for the help, now more questions. yes, it is the port on the left. Now, since this is going into a '28 Essex, what are the minimum vaccumn line I need?

1. Do I need the EGR valve? I have those blocked off. No not for your application
2. I don't have the canister Don't need it
3. I can make a PEVR valve, is it needed? It's needed for A turbo or modded Q-jet only
4. I found a knock sensor, not cheap!!! The ECM or Turbo control box is the only thing that uses that sensor
5. There appears to be a coolant sensor in the manifold and a temp sensor in the plenum. Do these routinely have separate guages? One is for the ECM reference and the other is for the dummy light for the gauge cluster

Thanks for any replies. I am getting there.
dan

Alright!

If the port looks like a large version of a brake fitting location on the master then it should be a 3/8" line.

Don't worry about the EGR valve, like Adam said.

Don't worry about the canister either.

A PEVR valve is used to make sure the engine doesn't go lean on deceleration and cause a detonation issue. If you use a Holley you can modify it for a boost referenced power valve which does the same thing, but if you're using a Q-jet then you need one. I borrowed one from Mike and need to send it back to him so I could get a better idea oof what it looked like and how it worked. I may have found a solution but I haven't had time to experiment yet. Cross your fingers Dan.

If you've got the turbo control center then you need a knock sensor. It's what triggers the timing retard if detonation happens. This keeps you from blowing the engine up.

Most of the sensors on the engine are specific to what ever car the engine came out of. Replace them if you're not using a puter with an after market guage of some sort.

I can make a PEVR valve, is it needed?
i dont have one on my car, but if you have one and want to give it away i will take it.:biggrin:
i hope charlie gets around to making one because all of use need one. if he makes one i hope he will sell them or make a post on it.

i dont have one on my car, but if you have one and want to give it away i will take it.:biggrin:
i hope charlie gets around to making one because all of use need one. if he makes one i hope he will sell them or make a post on it.

Don't worry Matt, I'll be posting the info. I don't do it for profit, I do it because no one else is willing to post the info or do the R&D work. I may seem like a post whore sometimes but the knowledge that I've gained from this board is something that would've never been touched by most people. There are times that I feel totally lost just like the rest of you but eventually it makes sense.:cool:

Back