You can type here any text you want

Where to buy pushrods?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
Looking for a good place to buy pushrods, Smith brothers are not answering my emails, not to impressed, looking to go with someone else.

norbs said:
Looking for a good place to buy pushrods, Smith brothers are not answering my emails, not to impressed, looking to go with someone else.

Call them. They shipped my stuff same day.

Thanks everyone, I can;t call long distance during normal working hours, where I work. No excuse for not answering an email, when its business related honestly.

Champion has push rods. I can never get Tom on the phone but your mileage may vary...

Bryan

Too late found a site that had the trends in for $15 each I ordered them......7/16 double taper .165 thick 5/16 ball end 4130 chrome moly 210 degree radius ends.

Most of the pushrods you buy are made by Trend. They private brand pushrods for anbody and everybody!! They make custom lengths anytime I need them and they are practically in my backyard.

The pushrods will be in tomorrow, I'll post up pics once they are installed to see how they fit. I also read too much pushrod clearance is not good, .010 max"

Silly me I forgot to mention that.........

No worries, was just giving you crap, and was curious. If I could ever scrounge the money together to buy rods and pistons, I'd be putting my junk together too... Your threads are making me jealous!

pushrod1 copy.JPG
No worries, was just giving you crap, and was curious. If I could ever scrounge the money together to buy rods and pistons, I'd be putting my junk together too... Your threads are making me jealous!
Don;t be jealous my motors make no power at all they are just for looks. Last stage 2 made 390 HP at full boost!

Looks like about 150 grams each! Notice the 210 degree radius tip...very nice

pushrod close.JPG

Very nice pushrods, will have to keep them in mind. But, I am not sure I trust the weight measurement. You might want to find a scale from this century.

;)
just kidding Norbs!

I would put it up against any digital scale............They don;t make them like that any more...

2 pushrods needed the head to be ground down to fit, the rest fit ok. #1, and # 3 cylinder with an offcenter block and centered lifters.

Back