Which 5 1/4 component system

JFH

I've be looking around for 5 1/4 component system for the doors (want to keep it close to stock) and have it down to two systems.
MB Quart DSD213 ($169) and Infinity Kappa 50.3cs ($200). Which one should I get or any suggestions. Have a Viberant Vibe 415 amp.

Thanks alot
John Hordych

Originally posted by JFH

MB Quart DSD213 ($169) and Infinity Kappa 50.3cs ($200). Which one should I get or any suggestions.

MBs and Infinity both make good drivers but let your ears decide for you. As for your amp that you are running, I have never heard of that brand and chances are it is an entry level amp. So it is hard to tell what they are going to sound like with that amp.

I looked up the Lanzar VIBE amplifiers and they are the entry level amps in the Lanzar line. I looked for the specs on the VIBE 415 and did not see that model listed but I did see the:

Lanzar VIBE 410 200 watt 4-channel for $129.95

Lanzar VIBE 420 300 watt 4-channel for $149.95

Do they not carry that model anymore?? I was just curious of the specs.

Yeah, I am wondering just how the viberant line will turn out. They have more features and more 'rated power' but yet cost less than the old Vibe series they replace. Lanzar has fell off a cliff when it comes to putting out good equipment. Where did all the DC series sub/woofers and original OptiDrive amps go. :( I guess thats what happens when a company gets bought out...

Re: Viberant Vibe 415

Originally posted by JFH
Audiowizard

I found the Viberant Vibe 415 at www.mmexpress.com/Lanzar/Viberant.htm
I don't know anything about amps but it looked like a good buy,hope I didn't get a piece of junk

Dont worry John, I doubt if you got a piece of junk when I read that they have a 3 year warranty on them (not bad).

The only thing that you may be concerned about is sound quality and performance when comparing the VIBE 415 to a higher end amp.

As a rule of thumb for me, I wont purchase any audio equipment until I have heard it in a sound room or car. You can hear audible differences between different brands of equipment where your ears will be the ultimate judge on which is better. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.