Which Drag radial is the best?

djj624

Or have you had experience with? Mickey Thompson, Nitto, BFG, M&H, ect.

Also what size will work? I once had a set of et streets at 26x10 and they rubbed the frame, barely, but did. Dont want to make that mistake again on a DR.

Or have you had experience with? Mickey Thompson, Nitto, BFG, M&H, ect.

Also what size will work? I once had a set of et streets at 26x10 and they rubbed the frame, barely, but did. Dont want to make that mistake again on a DR.

i have seen a lot of fast times and heard nothing but praise for Mickey Thompsons:cool:

M/T's are great, I use those on my mustang at the track and for street use i use hoosiers...

I run a 275/50 15 on a 8" wide weld drag lite, I personally do not like how the car looks with a higher tire. I think my set up is pretty close to stock tire height.

Oh, and I run Nitto's. which are nice, but I believe others are more sticky.

275/60/15 the 50's are too short an the sidewall wasnt tall enough when i shocked the tire. It was either a burnout or a dead hook with the 50's

What size would equal a 9 in? 225? like I was saying before the 10 in rubbed

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

For superior traction I like the Mickey Thompson DR's....I run the 255/60/15's on my stock rims.

Well all I have run on my Grand National is M/T's but I think I will try the M&H's next time as they work super on my SSR and if you are ever in the rain with the M/T's and you get over 55 mph it gets hairy, The M&H's you can go into the turns at 70 mph and no problem, The M/T's make like a oil slick on the sides of my GN but then again I do my burn out at over 126 mph so that might have something to do with it, As far traction the M/T's bite just as good as my full slicks

M&H Racemaster 275 50 17 here. I really like them. My installer said they has a small bead so they would probably spin in the wheel and to screw them if they launched hard..

I love the mickey thompson at the track. they hook great with a moderate burnout. i launch the car at 10 psi and have rarely had any traction loss. on the downside they are quite a bit more expensive than the bf goodrich and have a bout half the wear. the bfg's lasted me a pretty much a whole season, whereas i can only get about 50 runs out of the m/t's. i will be buying a new pair of bfg 275/50-15. next week. i cant afford to run the mickey's

The Drag radial guys in the Vamp Racing in KC are running Hoosiers. They are running low 5's i the eighth on a 275/60/15.

When I was racing my old 86 GT Mustang in the MMFF series I ran as fast as 9:70s with a set of M/T 10" Drag Radials, there was less than 2 tenths of a second differance between them and a full slick on my car anyway.