which is the fastest?

rtviper said:
slowgn I dont know about the buick needing gn1 heads cam etc. I saw a guy out west here that ran an unopened motor and broke into the 10s with maybe at most new valve springs. I dont know if that is possible with any sy/ty motor. I have never seen or read about it. I dont know if any of the Ta guys have done that either? The 4.3 block should be strong I thinks its basically 3/4 of a v8 block?

WEll a stock unopened buick takes big boost to go fast. Mike williams went 6.90's @ 100 1/8 on a 100k stock long block with a te-45a 9/1 3200 convetor and a supporting mods. Boost was past 30lbs. He done it twice to make sure it was not a fluke. Temps outside were in the low 80's

dgoodhue said:
Phillip Long ran 10.93 @ 121.99 and a 40 shot of Nitrous with an opened OEM short block, stock crank, rods, pistons, no girdle, original GM rings, all GM bolts amd hardware.. Full Wieght Truck. It also ran 11.10 @ 118 without the N2O.

I reread Julio's post, 10.5 @130+ mph :) with a Syclone the only stock parts you can do that with is the Block and Crank...

dgoodhue said:
I reread Julio's post, 10.5 @130+ mph :) with a Syclone the only stock parts you can do that with is the Block and Crank...

10-4.. the kicker isnt the et.. its the MPH ;)

Ok, Here is something else to ponder in the day and time that we live in with gas prices the way they are. Which gets the best milage in stock form?

only"T"intown said:
Ok, Here is something else to ponder in the day and time that we live in with gas prices the way they are. Which gets the best milage in stock form?
TTA. Much more aeryodynamic.

Jason