You can type here any text you want

Which SLIC works best??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i put gmbodyparts stretched slic on 23 row polished almm. . went from a fmic to this . could fell the diff. quicker off the dropped the temp. down 170 with the air on .the temp. of the air going to the motor stays around 100 115 deg. . the temp comeing out of the turboat 150 to 160 thats at 70 to 75 mph. when i would get on it the temp out of turbo would max out the scanmaster but temp. going in the motor would be about 190 befor the alky . big diff. in temp love the ic looks great and work better .:biggrin:

to see the real results on how well the i/c is working is too move the air temp sensor from the air intake tube to the plenum behind the throttle body.

gmbodyparts stretch & polished slic

I had air temp. senseor in the coupler befor the slic , and one in the up pipe to check temps.. to see the diff. of the air befor and after the ic. BIG diff.. I did put one behind plenum in the throttle body. the temp ran 110 to 115 befor the alky. I had a fm my in car it was running 190 to 210 all the time . Now withe slic i run 167 175 with the air :D

So the Precision SLIC is only availible in 3" inlet/outlet? I was gonna get one over the winter, but if they're only availible that way; I may have to go another route...:(

So the Precision SLIC is only availible in 3" inlet/outlet? I was gonna get one over the winter, but if they're only availible that way; I may have to go another route...:(

Yes, the intercooler itself only comes with a 3" in/out but you're given the option of TB size and turbo outlet size when you order. It comes with whatever size couplers, clamps and up-pipe you need.

I have purchased and installed many different aftermarket "bolt-on" parts on the cars I've owned over the years. Few, if any, have matched the qaulity of the PTE SLIC. I had mine installed in 2 hours without any problems. My only gripe is that I don't like the spring loaded style t-bolt clamps that it comes with. The lift in the middle when you tighten them. I may have over-tightened them though:redface:

My 24 row Mease SLIC was one of the best ones out there. Awesome to look at too ;)

Yes, the intercooler itself only comes with a 3" in/out but you're given the option of TB size and turbo outlet size when you order. It comes with whatever size couplers, clamps and up-pipe you need.

I have purchased and installed many different aftermarket "bolt-on" parts on the cars I've owned over the years. Few, if any, have matched the qaulity of the PTE SLIC. I had mine installed in 2 hours without any problems. My only gripe is that I don't like the spring loaded style t-bolt clamps that it comes with. The lift in the middle when you tighten them. I may have over-tightened them though:redface:

Thanks for clearing that up. Ive been wanting one for a while now, but my bank account hasn't agreed to it yet...:eek: So that would work well with a TE-44 and a stock TB? I want something simple, reliable, and it has to work flawlessly.

The PTE is the way to go. Best SLIC out there.

Ive heard only good things about it.:cool:

So that would work well with a TE-44 and a stock TB? I want something simple, reliable, and it has to work flawlessly.

Melissa's old set up for years was with a 44 turbo.. She used the old CAS V4 (was new when she started :rolleyes: ) .. Ran mid 11s all day and for years .. Then last year she ran the ol V4 down in the 9s with her new set up . Ill let ya know if we see anymore performance with the Precision one :p

Thanks for clearing that up. Ive been wanting one for a while now, but my bank account hasn't agreed to it yet...:eek: So that would work well with a TE-44 and a stock TB? I want something simple, reliable, and it has to work flawlessly.

Ive heard only good things about it.:cool:

I run the PTE SLIC on mine with a TA-49 and a stock TB. Works great and it's nice knowing if I want to upgrade to a bigger turbo later on I will still have enough intercooler to get the job done!:cool:

Attachments

• pte slic.JPG
    pte slic.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 183
Posting with actual data.

I replaced my big-neck OE SLIC with a GN1 stretched SLIC (same one sold by TR Custom Parts). Here's a chart of intake manifold temperatures from two weeks ago at Putnam Park (light green) overlaid with this past weekend at NCM (dark green).

Despite it being ten degrees F warmer ambient at NCM than it was at Putnam, you can clearly see a huge delta in intake temperature, especially as speed increased. The chart is about a 50 dgree spread, and the delta between the two intercoolers is as much as forty degrees at the same speeds.

So, there's that. Stretched is better than stock.

Road Course comparison.PNG

Back