Who has dyno'd their built 109 block?

YellaGN

Im curious as to what kind of #'s have been put down with the factory 109 block? Did a search...found a bunch of ET's but not many dyno #'s. Looking for built motor dyno #'s. How many over 600 RWHP? Boost/turbo/timing/fuel ect. Thanks

I have .....

on pump gas, w/ meth, 26lbs, 28degrees timing, made 580 rwhp
then later ( another dyno) race gas, 28lbs, meth, 28 degrees, 28lbs, made 619rwhp.
all with te45a turbo, 75lb inj, stock intake,stock TB, exhaust headers, 3in dp.,iron GN heads, 109 block ( 231cu in) cast crank, steel caps, 214 roller.
no times, been breaking everything else.
will upgrade intake system next, see what that will do for it,

car is still street driven

We made over 560 RWHP with IRON heads and a stock appearing turbo and I/C:eek:

580 at the rear wheels having problems keeping a steady air fuel ratio so I aborted further runs. 25psi boost, 25* timing and 116 race fuel. This was with the stock computer and 60lb injectors. My combination has changed since this dyno session.

559/706 (RPE girdled 109, 9.0 JE, ATR H-beam rods, stock crank , ported irons 1.77in 1.5ex, ported stock intake, 212-212 comp roller, 70mm TB, KB plenum, RJC powerplate, 1.625 plenum spacer, 83 lb injectors, stock MAFS -1 screen , Turbo Tweak chip, old SMC alky with single nozzle, Precision FMIC, welded ported and dowelled stock manifolds, 3.5 dp, T72BB p-trim, AC 9" 3000 stall, 200 4-R by me with CK billet internals, 8.5 rear with 30 spline Eaton carrier, Moser axles and an LPW Girdle. 559 RWHP, 706 RWTQ. 21 mpg)Posted sig because it will be changing soon. With 25.5 psi, 24 degrees, 110 octane. A/f ratio was 11.3:1. Wanted to go to 29 psi but couldnt with wastegate configuration i had that day. P-trim turbo and stock screened MAFS killing the combo. It was done on the stock ecm though and the converter was eating up a bunch. Worked GN1's, forged crank, FAST SFI, 70GTQ and probably a new cam going in within 2 weeks after return from BG. Should go 650RWHP at 25psi with no problem if i dont drive through the converter and even more at higher boost pressures.

Those are some sweet #'s!
I think mine is line with this shooting for high 10's never been on a dyno but one of the combos here is like mine :)
Cant wait to see what others post up! :biggrin:

Raymond Bunch's car made 579hp on the West Coasts dyno day, stock block, 45a turbo, 3in dp, 72lb injectors, nothing major........ It's all in the tune and combo!

hboost.

I have Rays car,
that is what I was quoting for HP ( 579)
the 619 was later with race gas, meth, more boost, fresh trans, conv, etc.
since I bought it, have had to do the trans, rear end, drive shaft, and converter, all were very tired, ( no complaints!) now has some minor improvements, and has fast system , so it is much more responsive.
looking for bigger numbers next time,

Turbo1dr-what pistons/rings are you running in that motor-awesome parts!

My current engine is running Diamond pistons and total seal gapless rings. My signature shows the latest and greatest stuff.

To update my last post...that 580HP was with stock girdled block, stock crank (.020-.020), stock rods, TRW pistons, total seal gapless rings, a 210-214 ATR roller cam using a 70-P trim turbo. I wish it didn't have the AFR problems or I think it would have topped 600+. I believe the 60lb injectors were at their limit.

My current engine is running Diamond pistons and total seal gapless rings. My signature shows the latest and greatest stuff.

To update my last post...that 580HP was with stock girdled block, stock crank (.020-.020), stock rods, TRW pistons, total seal gapless rings, a 210-214 ATR roller cam using a 70-P trim turbo. I wish it didn't have the AFR problems or I think it would have topped 600+. I believe the 60lb injectors were at their limit.

No doubt you will be over 650hp with the current combo. You will easily run the 70 GTQ out of steam with that combo on the bigger ci engine.

Great input guys! Im going to try about 25-26 psi and a 100 wet NX shot on my car this summer. Been trying it on the street....and its REAL fun! :eek: Needless to say its all over the road, but feels real strong. Running 26 degrees timing and 112/alcohol. I would like to see 700-750 RWHP. Im gonna push the 109 till it takes a poop!

about 3 years or so i dynoed 524/633 with a basic 66 trim turbo, 25psi, 23 degrees of timing, eastern FM, 55's, ported heads and intake, 212/212 flat tappet and the 3400 stall locked, if i had know more about tuning then as i do nowadays im sure i could have made alot more power...

Great input guys! Im going to try about 25-26 psi and a 100 wet NX shot on my car this summer. Been trying it on the street....and its REAL fun! :eek: Needless to say its all over the road, but feels real strong. Running 26 degrees timing and 112/alcohol. I would like to see 700-750 RWHP. Im gonna push the 109 till it takes a poop!

700 whp should put you at 142 mph. Let us know how it runs.