Who to use besides Racetronix?

Why are the vendors protected here more so than the members?

Shouldn't a vendor be REQUIRED to offer phone support as a condition of advertising to this community??

IF a vendor does not offer phone support, it tells me they are not confident speaking about their product, or they are only a middle man.

Everyone's situation is different. I have been a vendor on here for 15 years now ( yes it says I joined the board in May 2001 but I am sure many don't remember the big "crash" of the board that year! Was on here well before that!) and don't use the phone. Been that way forever and don't plan on changing. I am a middleman for different suppliers as well as making my own cold air kits, MAF pipes, turbo protectors, fuel pressure gauge kits etc. Sure as heck don't know any vendor that doesn't sell others products.

I don't have any staff members except ME! I work a full time job where I am also on call 24/7 and then put in a few hours a night on the Buick business. If I am on the phone for an hour with a customer then I don't get my work done. A one hour conversation to answer a couple of questions that can take 30 seconds by email is a big time saver for me. And I do answer emails quickly and most can vouch for that. Receive and reply to them at my day job too, but don't tell my boss.:sneaky:

As far as Racetronix is concerned I had a fuel level sensor issue where it would always read past full on the gauge. I bought it used from a member on here with only "test" mileage on it. Contacted Racetronix thru their forum and received a new sender without any issues and I wasn't even the original buyer. Seemed like great service to me.

Everyone's situation is different. I have been a vendor on here for 15 years now ( yes it says I joined the board in May 2001 but I am sure many don't remember the big "crash" of the board that year! Was on here well before that!) and don't use the phone. Been that way forever and don't plan on changing. I am a middleman for different suppliers as well as making my own cold air kits, MAF pipes, turbo protectors, fuel pressure gauge kits etc. Sure as heck don't know any vendor that doesn't sell others products.

I don't have any staff members except ME! I work a full time job where I am also on call 24/7 and then put in a few hours a night on the Buick business. If I am on the phone for an hour with a customer then I don't get my work done. A one hour conversation to answer a couple of questions that can take 30 seconds by email is a big time saver for me. And I do answer emails quickly and most can vouch for that. Receive and reply to them at my day job too, but don't tell my boss.:sneaky:

As far as Racetronix is concerned I had a fuel level sensor issue where it would always read past full on the gauge. I bought it used from a member on here with only "test" mileage on it. Contacted Racetronix thru their forum and received a new sender without any issues and I wasn't even the original buyer. Seemed like great service to me.

Mark I happen to believe you represent what a vendor should be. For me and I'm sure many others you are one of the best out there. You have got to be one of the fastest shippers on the planet. Which I find remarkable, with you working a full time job and being on call. For myself it doesn't matter if you do the phone thing or not,also it wouldn't matter if any of the other vendors did either. All they would need to do is follow your business model. You really do know what it means to take care of your customers. Great job!!

Mark I have purchased a few things from you and it hasn't never been anything but AWESOME! Kuddo's to you Sir!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took the tank out again. I HAD THE FLOAT ON THE SENDER 180deg OUT! It now works as it should! Pain in the butt, but it was a stupid mistake! I don't know how I got that one messed up but at least it's now fixed!

In summary, communication is the key. Both Racetronix an myself had some faults in this particular situation. My faults were that I installed the float on the sender incorrectly. Racetronix, simple lack of communication. I think what threw me off was that the sender didn't read FULL. With the float 180deg out, the pitch of it should have measured more than it had in the tank. For some reason, it stuck at 11 or 14 gallons, even with the tank full of fuel. When it's 180deg off, the float itself sits lower than it should, in turn, making the level higher than it should be. Not sure why it only read 11 and 14? It wasn't hanging up on anything. Odd situation. BUT, at least it's resolved for now.

Were there some instructions that came with the pump telling you how to install the float? I got my twin pump setup in a parts trade and it didn't come with any. I was under the impression they don't do instructions. I'm trying to sign up for their forum, but it's awaiting moderation.

You can't be faulted for assembling there parts wrong if they don't provide instructions.

Were there some instructions that came with the pump telling you how to install the float? I got my twin pump setup in a parts trade and it didn't come with any. I was under the impression they don't do instructions. I'm trying to sign up for their forum, but it's awaiting moderation.

You can't be faulted for assembling there parts wrong if they don't provide instructions.
When i bought my g7 ss an hangar there were no instructions. I looked at it and it made sense based on where the little tab is that moves up when the flpat moves up because the bar for the float raises it, is on one side and not the other. So never really saw thag you could invert the float on the hangar. Plus ot sits better in the slot one way than it does the other. *shrug*

There are no directions in their kits. They want you to sign up for their forum for any sort of information.

There are no directions in their kits. They want you to sign up for their forum for any sort of information.

That sounds crazy why not instructions? They can't afford the paper and the print? Wouldn't that make things so much easier? Would we even have this thread if there was instructions? How about it Racetronix?

I'm in customer service as well, if my customer has to return or call back and ask a question about the car they rented then I have failed them! No one is 100% I understand that but when there is a problem it's all about taking care of the customer!

The "forum" everyone speaks of on Racetronix's site, is it run by Racetronix techs?

If you post a question, are authorized Racetronix techs answering the questions, or are they relying on the free labor of their customers to act as an informal tech dept?

The "forum" everyone speaks of on Racetronix's site, is it run by Racetronix techs?

If you post a question, are authorized Racetronix techs answering the questions, or are they relying on the free labor of their customers to act as an informal tech dept?

Good question! Or is it sales people?

When I first posted this problem, thr first responce was a link and a suggestion that i could "buy" a new one. Its pretty mu h set up so they can discuss problems openly and use threads as a referrence to fix problems. Its really not a bad idea as a secondary means to provide info, it just shouldnt be considered a primary means of info.

They don't have techs or sales people, they have Jack.Jack cant take calls all day and make parts. Trust me I know how hard it is. You have to make a choice sometimes and the choices are not easy. ZGlad it worked out for you and you found the problem. I bent mine when I put it in it took me a while to figure that out too but it was clearly my fault in the end.
Mike

They don't have techs or sales people, they have Jack.Jack cant take calls all day and make parts. Trust me I know how hard it is. You have to make a choice sometimes and the choices are not easy. ZGlad it worked out for you and you found the problem. I bent mine when I put it in it took me a while to figure that out too but it was clearly my fault in the end.
Mike

Selling a product online, providing no installation instructions for your products nor tech support from a qualified staff to handle your sales volume is a recipe for disaster.(Not directed at your business Mike, you guys are awesome)

Pass the pool water....

there a lots of Racetronix dealers out there that answer the phone, have qualified tech support and know how to install the products. What confuses me is why customers dont use them if this is so important to them ?