Who to use besides Racetronix?

jdpolzin

I've had enough of these guys and am tired of hearing that we need to jump through hoops to try to get a resolution to their junk parts.

Bought a dual pump kit and lines, have had a bunch of issues ever since. Only response I get is: "we are a manufacturing facility not a vendor, if you would like to discuss your issues go to our support forum." BEEN THERE, DONE THAT and never get a resolution or responce. I bought the damn thing from them directly, they made the damn thing......why "cant" they back it up? Give me a break!

My fuel level sender is wacky, may be a stupid solution to it but I cant figure it out. First installed it, the level stayed at 10-11 gallons (digital dash btw). Hooked my old unit up, works fine. Pulled the tank down, float is hooked up, which I thought may have popped off. Pulled the assembly out of the tank and moved the float up and down and the gauge works fine. Put everything back together.....nope, still at 10-11 gallons. Pull the tank back down and apart, move the float up and down while out of the tank, works fine. Put the pumps back in, rotate the tank so the float has to move....stays on 10-11 no matter what. Pull it out again, move it up and down.....works fine. Put it back in and the gauge reads 14 gallons. then slowly drops to 10. Turn the key off, then back on......14 gallons and then slowly back to 10. Pull the tank again, pull the pumps out of the tank, move the float and the gauge works fine. Re-install the pumps into the tank and the gauge stays on 14. I think I got it......drive to the gas station and fill up. NOPE AGAIN......FUCK! Stays n 14.

This battle is the second issue after having a leaky filter assembly that was a royal PIA to get to seal up.

These guys have the worst customer service I've ever experienced and I've been in the Buick game a very long time and have built a whole lot of cars. Ive dealt with some great people and some really bad people/vendors. But, this game Racetronix plays is solely there so they don't have to back up their products. It shouldn't be a pain in the ass just to get some simple questions answered. This seems to be a very common occurance based on simply reading every post about Racetronix. If this doesn't get resolved, my business or any of the fellow TB owners I do cars for will never go their way.

Good to know... One of the first things I need after I close the deal on a limited I'm looking at, will be a fuel pump..... Subscribed

I am in the same boat.My unit has about 1k on it,analog dash and sender reads way past full.Spent way to much time pulling back out and ohming unit etc.I didn't build the MF'er and the POS should last longer than 1k.I've said it before,I think I will go back with Red Armstrong(Quad Air)as I have installed many of his units over the years and never ever any issues at all.

What's the next option for a double pumper and e85 for a high HP stage 2 street car? The racetronix was supposedly the best, but now they are their way out who's next? Is Red's e85 safe? Is it enough for ~900+?

Am I stuck going to a loud single external like a Weldon!?

I've had enough of these guys and am tired of hearing that we need to jump through hoops to try to get a resolution to their junk parts.

Bought a dual pump kit and lines, have had a bunch of issues ever since. Only response I get is: "we are a manufacturing facility not a vendor, if you would like to discuss your issues go to our support forum." BEEN THERE, DONE THAT and never get a resolution or responce. I bought the damn thing from them directly, they made the damn thing......why "cant" they back it up? Give me a break!

My fuel level sender is wacky, may be a stupid solution to it but I cant figure it out. First installed it, the level stayed at 10-11 gallons (digital dash btw). Hooked my old unit up, works fine. Pulled the tank down, float is hooked up, which I thought may have popped off. Pulled the assembly out of the tank and moved the float up and down and the gauge works fine. Put everything back together.....nope, still at 10-11 gallons. Pull the tank back down and apart, move the float up and down while out of the tank, works fine. Put the pumps back in, rotate the tank so the float has to move....stays on 10-11 no matter what. Pull it out again, move it up and down.....works fine. Put it back in and the gauge reads 14 gallons. then slowly drops to 10. Turn the key off, then back on......14 gallons and then slowly back to 10. Pull the tank again, pull the pumps out of the tank, move the float and the gauge works fine. Re-install the pumps into the tank and the gauge stays on 14. I think I got it......drive to the gas station and fill up. NOPE AGAIN......FUCK! Stays n 14.

This battle is the second issue after having a leaky filter assembly that was a royal PIA to get to seal up.

These guys have the worst customer service I've ever experienced and I've been in the Buick game a very long time and have built a whole lot of cars. Ive dealt with some great people and some really bad people/vendors. But, this game Racetronix plays is solely there so they don't have to back up their products. It shouldn't be a pain in the ass just to get some simple questions answered. This seems to be a very common occurance based on simply reading every post about Racetronix. If this doesn't get resolved, my business or any of the fellow TB owners I do cars for will never go their way.

Everything you need to properly diagnose your fuel level problem was posted in our forum before you joined but perhaps you missed that thread?
We have directed you to the thread which contains the documents you require.
Every level sensor is sweep tested here to make sure there are no dead spots or improper resistance readings during the assembly process. In most cases problems with the level sensors are attributed to one of the following reasons:
- rough handling during installation
- gas additives / contamination
- bad factory wiring or cluster

Everything you need to properly diagnose your fuel level problem was posted in our forum before you joined but perhaps you missed that thread?
We have directed you to the thread which contains the documents you require.
Every level sensor is sweep tested here to make sure there are no dead spots or improper resistance readings during the assembly process. In most cases problems with the level sensors are attributed to one of the following reasons:
- rough handling during installation
- gas additives / contamination
- bad factory wiring or cluster
So why can we put our original 28 year old units back in and they work fine.So these three reasons are no excuse for our problems but thats all I seem to read when someone has a problem with your product,you come on here and say its a problem with the car or installed incorrect or contact this deparment(that no one cane ever get response from).Your responses are arrogant and SUCK!!!!

Put a 340 liter pump in and also have sender issues with it reading way over full. I can't even see the needle. Called the vendor and they said I bent the arm putting it in. I pulled it out and inspected, not bent. I just reset my trip and fill up every 200 miles. Booo has done this since the second I put it in

Put a 340 liter pump in and also have sender issues with it reading way over full. I can't even see the needle. Called the vendor and they said I bent the arm putting it in. I pulled it out and inspected, not bent. I just reset my trip and fill up every 200 miles. Booo has done this since the second I put it in
Thats all you are going to get is excuses on what you did wrong.

So why can we put our original 28 year old units back in and they work fine.So these three reasons are no excuse for our problems but thats all I seem to read when someone has a problem with your product,you come on here and say its a problem with the car or installed incorrect or contact this deparment(that no one cane ever get response from).Your responses are arrogant and SUCK!!!!

Too many customers are too quick to blame product before properly diagnosing the true problem and they expect manufacturer's to hand out free product as a substitute for their unwillingness or inability to run some basic tests. There is simply no the margin in these products to do that so it is imperative that that proper diagnosis is done before a replacement part is sent out. GM would expect no less from their techs.

People like you seem to have all the time in the world to get on these forums, wine and call people names but should one ask you to run some tests and do some reading it is like trying to put an overtired child to bed kicking and screaming all the way. People like you who think they have it coming to them on a silver platter are chronic complainers that hide behind their anonymous signatures that provide a convenient isolation from accountability while pointing the finger at someone else.

Run the bloody tests, post your results on our forum and THEN if the evidence weighs towards a defective part it will be replaced free of charge. Then if we DENY your replacement parts, you have the right to get on this forum and post your beef in the feedback section in a factual and mature manner. Until you exercise this option, you have NO right to get on here and accuse us of not standing behind our products.

You are doing other customers a disservice by trying to paint their situation as hopeless and in doing so discouraging them from engaging our support dept. for the help they need. Why is it that thousands of customers are able to resolve their problems with the help of our forum but you cannot? Perhaps it is something unique about your personality that sets you apart from the majority of customers that prevented your issue from being resolved.

I sure get quick replies from you this way but what about all the other guys that can't seem to get help from you.Did the tests,but why in hell would I send it back with all the other posts from other guys that order things and cannot get answers from you on status of there orders or cannot get answers through your so called tech dept.I guess I am supposed to send it back and maybe get an answer in a month or so and that answer would probably be "something I did wrong".

Last edited:
I sure get quick replies from you this way but what about all the other guys that can't seem to get help from you.Did the tests,but why in hell would I send it back with all the other posts from other guys that order things and cannot get answers from you on status of there orders or cannot get answers through your so called tech dept.I guess I am supposed to send it back and maybe get an answer in a month or so and that answer would probably be "something I did wrong".

Now you are just grasping at straws trying to make excuses for your inaction based on other people's 'CLAIMED' issues. Maybe other people are buying into the same perpetual BS that you would have other people buy from you?

Why don't you post your name on this thread instead of hiding behind your sig? We will look up your case on our forum and see what you submitted and what it would take to get you your $15.00 part?

Last edited:
Get on your forum?For what?So I can get the same excuses that I read here.Do I need a dozen of the $15.00 parts so I will know my fuel level for a year or so.Whatever!!!

Now you are just grasping at straws trying to make excuses for your inaction based on other people's 'CLAIMED' issues. Maybe other people are buying into the same perpetual BS that you would have other people buy from you?

Why don't you post your name on this thread instead of hiding behind your sig? We will look up your case on our forum and see what you submitted and what it would take to get you your $15.00 part?
Why don't you post your cell phone number here so people can actually talk to someone with their problems.:ROFLMAO:Read the OP theres one and many others before him.

Get on your forum?For what?So I can get the same excuses that I read here.Do I need a dozen of the $15.00 parts so I will know my fuel level for a year or so.Whatever!!!

Well there you have it folks. The truth comes out in the end. He has not done one single thing to engage us and give us the opportunity to evaluate his problem and provide resolution. Instead he will sit on this forum and FLAME us for manufactured BS and draw unfounded conclusions. He will tell other customers that our service sucks without any personal experience solely based on hearsay.
Next time you call someone ARROGANT perhaps you should look in the mirror.

If at any time you have the balls to come out from behind your sig and drop you fall pretence of pride you may find a vendor who is willing to help assuming this is not just some sick politically motivated TB joke.

Why don't you post your cell phone number here so people can actually talk to someone with their problems.:ROFLMAO:Read the OP theres one and many others before him.

If you have a problem that can be solved over the phone then perhaps you require a therapist for your habitual habit of lying. Keep in mind that your therapist may only be there to console you about your Buick parts problem Monday through Friday from 9-5PM assuming the line is not busy or they are not on lunch break. On the other hand, if you require tech support there is this option called a support forum (similar to this one) which is available 24/7. On this forum, you will find answers to many previously covered topics as well as tech documents with diagnostic procedures and diagrams.

Perhaps you strictly consider a forum to be a social tool and a means to anonymously flame people.

Well there you have it folks. The truth comes out in the end. He has not done one single thing to engage us and give us the opportunity to evaluate his problem and provide resolution. Instead he will sit on this forum and FLAME us for manufactured BS and draw unfounded conclusions. He will tell other customers that our service sucks without any personal experience solely based on hearsay.
Next time you call someone ARROGANT perhaps you should look in the mirror.

If at any time you have the balls to come out from behind your sig and drop you fall pretence of pride you may find a vendor who is willing to help assuming this is not just some sick politically motivated TB joke.
Dude you are a funny guy and very professional.Look at all the other problems guys have had with your so called tech dept.and terrible customer service.It's horrible and you cannot say it's not!!!

If you have a problem that can be solved over the phone then perhaps you require a therapist for your habitual habit of lying. Keep in mind that your therapist may only be there to console you about your Buick parts problem Monday through Friday from 9-5PM assuming the line is not busy or they are not on lunch break. On the other hand, if you require tech support there is this option called a support forum (similar to this one) which is available 24/7. On this forum, you will find answers to many previously covered topics as well as tech documents with diagnostic procedures and diagrams.

Perhaps you strictly consider a forum to be a social tool and a means to anonymously flame people.
You can post all this crap but there are 3 of us on this one thread with the same problem with no help from you.All you come on here and do is direct guys somewhere else.

Dude you are a funny guy and very professional.Look at all the other problems guys have had with your so called tech dept.and terrible customer service.It's horrible and you cannot say it's not!!!

... and they all drink from the same dirty pool of water you do!

If there are any customers reading this thread that require tech support and have the desire to solve a problem this is where to start.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS LINK FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:
http://racetronix.com/sales-support/support/

If you cannot find an answer to your problem on our forum, please start a new thread in the proper section.
Please describe your problem and what tests you have run so far. A tech will review your post and direct you to the correct answer.
A tech may ask you to run a few basic tests to rule out the possibility of misdiagnosis.
If the item is under warranty, a RGA will be issued along with further instructions to obtain a replacement part.

This service is available 24/7 365 days a year.

WE DO NOT PROVIDE PHONE SUPPORT!

First - I would NEVER buy from them directly again
Second - Even though they make Quality stuff they would be my last resort.
On the fuel sender ( new from Racetonix ) mine had the same problem ( analog ) after a few days of driving with about 1/2 to 3/4 tank it went away my guess is that the new arm has to loosen up and the gas being in at the midway point slooshed around enough to loosen it up.
Good luck.

What's the next option for a double pumper and e85 for a high HP stage 2 street car? The racetronix was supposedly the best, but now they are their way out who's next? Is Red's e85 safe? Is it enough for ~900+?

Am I stuck going to a loud single external like a Weldon!?

We have some options for you James with our billet single and double pump units for a GN or TTA:

FUEL PUMP 416.JPG
Fuel Pump2.jpg
TTA PUMP 4.JPG