Who's building an engine this winter?...

earlbrown

runs with scissors
I'm about to order a bunch of ''common'' sized pistons from my company that's building my 'earlbrown pistons'. I'm thinking some 3.805"s 3.832" and a set of 4.000"s would be a good start...

...thoughts?

Attachments

• Photo0942.jpg
    Photo0942.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 300
Will be working on a 4.1 hopefully this winter. Whats the going price? Might be able to swing it around December. Takes me a while to accumulate parts money because of college lol.

Will be working on mine and will probably go with better pistons. Just unsure of bore currently.

I'm still going back and forth if I want to risk the money on 3.805's. For years I've noticed people building engines and refusing to bore them to keep from 'using the block up', I just don't know how many stock bore blocks are still getting built. I don't want to get buried with a set of slug I can't use.

They're $450 for a set of 6. That's pistons, pins, and locks. With rings it varies since 3.8 rings are more expensive than 4.1 rings.

I'm still going back and forth if I want to risk the money on 3.805's. For years I've noticed people building engines and refusing to bore them to keep from 'using the block up', I just don't know how many stock bore blocks are still getting built. I don't want to get buried with a set of slug I can't use.

They're $450 for a set of 6. That's pistons, pins, and locks. With rings it varies since 3.8 rings are more expensive than 4.1 rings.
Currently, my engine is a stock bore, and if it needs to go to only go to 3.805, I will only go that far. I refuse to bore it as well.

A lot of time people don't realize just how little meat i removed in an overbore. I think the mental image is that 1/4'' swathes of metal is coming out. lol

In your case, if your block will come clean at .005" you're lucky. Plain ole 3.800" file fit rings will still work. and you don't have to pay to have it bored.

A lot of time people don't realize just how little meat i removed in an overbore. I think the mental image is that 1/4'' swathes of metal is coming out. lol

In your case, if your block will come clean at .005" you're lucky. Plain ole 3.800" file fit rings will still work. and you don't have to pay to have it bored.
I like the sound of that especially with the rings. Just need to get the block out and check to see what my taper is if its bad.

How in the world did I receive a bad spelling rating? Hahahaha

All the rating icons are on the far right side of the page. Most people are right hand and as such use that hand to scroll down the page. Doesn't take much to hit of those icons. Whoever hit the bad spelling probably did not mean to. I have done this myself, not meaning too. I always check my ratings given, so if I have screwed up I remove the bad rating.

How in the world did I receive a bad spelling rating? Hahahaha

It has also happened to me. This is from folks using mobile devices to browse the site. As they scroll through the thread, a tap on one of the icons on the bottom right of your post gets hit. Bam, you have a rating.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I'm about to order a bunch of ''common'' sized pistons from my company that's building my 'earlbrown pistons'. I'm thinking some 3.805"s 3.832" and a set of 4.000"s would be a good start...

...thoughts?
20's and 30's is what I would invest in.

.020 and .030 are most common, we get requests for .010's once in a while. I have not seen a block that would clean at .005 in a while.