Why is my car leaning..with pic

spings

try changing your springs from side to side and see if it still leans.if it leans to the right then put new springs in. my 65 gto did the same thing.

Me either. But, you just stated in THIS post you changed the SPRINGS and it raised the front end up. YES, THIS WOULD BE ACCURATE. SHOCKS do NOT affect ride height, SPRINGS DO!!!!!!!!! Thats all Im saying man! Just dont want any wrong info being put out there. Just trying to be clear...................... cya

just to be clear. you repeating the same thing 5 times doesnt make it a fact. i just recently changed my shocks and it completely leveled my car out. so maybe the new shocks just had a lil talk with my old springs and they decided to fix the sagging? thats all im saying

try changing your springs from side to side and see if it still leans.if it leans to the right then put new springs in. my 65 gto did the same thing.

I`m going to switch out the front springs, before i order some new ones...I havent had time to do the swope i`ve been busy...i`m going to start on it next weekend and work on it thru my vaction..

Just to clear up a little info here guys, not taking sides what so ever but.........Shocks will make a difference in ride height depending on hydraulic pressure. Most of the time, shocks are basically the same pressure if they are designed to a specific model of a car. BUT, there are different variances between manufactures. I've tested many different shocks, KYB's usually tend to sit lower and give a more harsh ride quality. Most others give the same ride height, ride quality definately varies.

Just to clear up a little info here guys, not taking sides what so ever but.........Shocks will make a difference in ride height depending on hydraulic pressure. Most of the time, shocks are basically the same pressure if they are designed to a specific model of a car. BUT, there are different variances between manufactures. I've tested many different shocks, KYB's usually tend to sit lower and give a more harsh ride quality. Most others give the same ride height, ride quality definately varies.

Since i have the KYB do you think i should change the shock first (cheaper route) before switching out springs?

It is easy, give it a try..... measure the hight to see what difference it makes ...

Since i have the KYB do you think i should change the shock first (cheaper route) before switching out springs?

The shocks will only give slight variances. I think you have more of an issue with your springs and as I stated in my previous post, I think your problem is up front.

just to be clear. you repeating the same thing 5 times doesnt make it a fact. i just recently changed my shocks and it completely leveled my car out. so maybe the new shocks just had a lil talk with my old springs and they decided to fix the sagging? thats all im saying

Thanks for your reply. I understand that shocks may help you with maybe an 1/8th of an inch based on hydraulic pressures. But, this still does not detour from the fact that Springs support the weight of the vehicle & are directly related to most ride height issues. There are other major issues that cause ride height problems that have also been mentioned and discussed in this thread.

putting the project on hold, going to order some Baer Brakes since i`ve gone this far in the front suspension....always wanted some and don`t want to take it apart twice...i will keep you posted :tongue:

Any solution?

I have noticed that there is a 1 inch difference from side to side with my car. Driver side 1 inch lower. Tried spring swap did not fix it. Raise and lower car to jar suspension. still 1 inch sag on driver side.

what i`ve done so far helped it alittle, i replaced my rear upper and lower control arm with UMI suspension parts also installed Bilstein shocks....i just left the garage to take a look and its leaning just alittle but i think its how i have the wheels turned...hope this help

putting the project on hold, going to order some Baer Brakes since i`ve gone this far in the front suspension....always wanted some and don`t want to take it apart twice...i will keep you posted :tongue:

Did the Baer 12" front brakes years ago. Wow what a difference, worth every $. You'll like them.

Had to use 1/16" spacers on 12" Baer brakes, went to 84/85 GN aluminum wheels & got rid of the spacers.