You can type here any text you want

Wildwood Master Cylinder Question (Hydroboost)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
When using the Wildwood master cylinder do you guys use the sleeve that goes into the master cylinder piston or do you leave it out. I used it but thinking I shouldn't have now. I have yet to bleed the brakes which should tell me real quick if the piston is being pressed at all by the hydroboost plunger. I have a feeling it is but we shall see tomorrow.

I put it in, looks to be fine. Feels like 1/8 to a 1/4 inch play before I get pedal. I've driven 25 miles and haven't noticed anything. Bleed brakes and they release. It just hard to tell where the shaft to piston engagement is.

I cut mine down on the lathe so it was REALLY close to a press fit....
I put it in w/ just a small skim of white lube on the end of the pedal shaft. Took it back off, and found the shaft was tite in the bottom of the spacer.

Well, after driving around I felt the fronts draging a hair. Pulled the sleeve out. Fyi

I just intalled mine, I left the sleeve in. I had a spare power master laying around so I took the lever for the brake pedal of that one, cut it to side and tig welded an extension on the second... Don't have any play in brake... works amazing.. press fit.

Mine seemed fine but after further looking into it it was pressing just a hair. Removed the sleeve and it's fine

Okay... so now I'm a bit confused.... which sleeve are you guys refereing too? can someone upload a picture... I may have done mine wrong... I had to extend the rod that connects to the pedal on mine so I could get the pedal to push the cylinder in. When I installed mine, I had to add about 1" on the rod. before it made contact with the master cylinder
Sam

Back