Will I Be Ok for Fuel, Lines, Injectors?

SpeedRacerX

Just want to double check my plans and assumptions with the experts here. I think I'm good but want to be sure.

Motor is coming out in a week or so for heads and cam, etc. and I want to make sure I have enough fuel for what I want to achieve.

Car has/will have: 6262 turbo, Bison spec'd hydraulic roller cam, T&D rollers, champion ported iron heads and ported intake, 60# injectors, stock fuel lines, racetronix 255lph pump and sender, harnessed and hotwired, and the ecu-gn. I run 93 octane plus Alky with single nozzle. Run between 23 and 27 pounds of boost.

Goals: power for mid 10s ideally, have enough fuel so the ecu-gn can dump in fuel in case it senses a dangerous lean condition coming.

Will the 60# injectors be enough to support the power and the headroom safety the ecu-gn can command?

Is this a good time to upgrade the fuel lines or is that overkill right now?

Anything else I'm missing?

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Move up to a stronger fuel pump and a dual nozzle may be in the near future for you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Larger pump. Does the ECU-GN have a feature to vary the voltage to a large pump? Talk to Turbo Tweak & Turbo6inKY.

Perhaps 80# injectors?

Just want to double check my plans and assumptions with the experts here. I think I'm good but want to be sure.

Motor is coming out in a week or so for heads and cam, etc. and I want to make sure I have enough fuel for what I want to achieve.

Car has/will have: 6262 turbo, Bison spec'd hydraulic roller cam, T&D rollers, champion ported iron heads and ported intake, 60# injectors, stock fuel lines, racetronix 255lph pump and sender, harnessed and hotwired, and the ecu-gn. I run 93 octane plus Alky with single nozzle. Run between 23 and 27 pounds of boost.

Goals: power for mid 10s ideally, have enough fuel so the ecu-gn can dump in fuel in case it senses a dangerous lean condition coming.

Will the 60# injectors be enough to support the power and the headroom safety the ecu-gn can command?

Is this a good time to upgrade the fuel lines or is that overkill right now?

Anything else I'm missing?

Thank you!

Use the deatschwerks 400 pump and you'll be good even with the stock lines

I just bought a Hellcat pump that’s a walbro 525 . If you put that in your pump would be set for a long time . Do that pump and a bigger return line and be done with it while you are there . Do it once do it right .

Attachments

• B17EB362-6EF6-403B-AC2C-74E2199FA410.jpeg
    B17EB362-6EF6-403B-AC2C-74E2199FA410.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 37
I just bought a Hellcat pump that’s a walbro 525 . If you put that in your pump would be set for a long time . Do that pump and a bigger return line and be done with it while you are there . Do it once do it right .
Who sells just the return line?

Can I put this pump in the current, less than 1 year old, racetronix sending unit/hanger?

Can I put this pump in the current, less than 1 year old, racetronix sending unit/hanger?

You can put it in the sending unit that if for a walbro 450 it’s the same size as the 525

I had a very similar setup in the past. At 3800#, I was out of pump with the 255 in the 10.70 range.

Larger pump. Does the ECU-GN have a feature to vary the voltage to a large pump? Talk to Turbo Tweak & Turbo6inKY.

Perhaps 80# injectors?
The ecu-gn states it can do the following:

Fuel pump speed control

Fuel pressure compensation

Fuel pump output (can do PWM speed control with solid state relay)

Thought I'd read that it had some fuel pump controls that would allow you to use a much larger pump then previously.

That ECU-GN is quite the piece of equipment!

Here is my advice;
Since you are purchasing the cam and parts from Bison, just ask him of it will support your goal. If no, just install what he tells you. EZ

Bison also makes AN return lines.

Here is my advice;
Since you are purchasing the cam and parts from Bison, just ask him of it will support your goal. If no, just install what he tells you. EZ

Bison also makes AN return lines.
You were just reading my mind but I hate bothering him with this basic stuff. I will reach out to him today.

You were just reading my mind but I hate bothering him with this basic stuff. I will reach out to him today.
I never had the impression I was bothering him if you are purchasing from him.

You must understand this though. . . . He is very busy so get to the point of the question (give and executive summary), and take notes.
What's your goal.
What do you have.
What needs to change.

Bison often takes for granted how much he knows and will go into discussions leaving you scratching your head. So listen closely and take notes. Sometimes Bisonese requires translation. Lol

According to Brian, looks like bumping up to 80# injectors is the ticket for now. We'll get this build done, tune it, build in the safeties and see where we are. If I need more pump, I'll go that route once we see what the logs show.

if you change the injectors dont go anything smaller than 120's even on gas. i would upgrade the pump to a 400. you can support your goals with what you have but you will be using alky to supplement your fuel to get the duty cycle down. i dont like doing that but it can be done

Reactions: TLI
Looking forward to your results. Should be potent.