With your help the dream continues

Friday I might be going to the world of wheels with my wife so Friday is out. I have a window of 12-4 on Sunday if that works!

Let em know!
Prasad

Text me your address. I will map it from the motel and give you an approximate time. I am guessing it will be closer to noon.

Thanks,
Jay

(309)361-8911

Got to meet a couple Buick guys this weekend! That was awesome. Got to spend a few min with Prasad on Sun. What a great guy! Wish I had more time stay and visit. Pick his brain a little! Definitely enjoyed that, looking forward to seeing him some more and meeting others!

Hope you all have a great day!

Hello everyone,

This has been a slow project but it is moving forward. The body just went off the the body shop a week ago. Took me a while to save the funds to make this happen. I am not sure how long it will take, I gather it is side work for him and hopefully will be great. I have seen some pictures of his work and appears very well.

As far as the motor- I have chatted with Ken from time to time and made a great friend. He has been working a lot at his regular job and cleaning his plate of other commitments and going to be starting the motor assembly soon.

So it's moving forward, just slowly. As I get photos from the body guy I will post those.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Jay

Hello Everyone,

I thought this would be the most appropriate place to update everyone since anyone who has replied to this thread will get an update. As you guys remember, this started back in May 2015, and has been in a build stage since. Ken and I have kept in contact and he has been very busy with work and other projects at the same time as trying to juggle this build. Ken has been able to to complete the engine now and will be getting it ready to ship soon. Ken also started a thread titled "and so it begins" to document the build along the way. It is a very nice picture documentary of the process he went through to put together the motor.

But I want to THANK each and everyone of you from the bottom of my heart all the way to the top! For without all of you who donated parts and money to this build it would not be. The list of you all that has helped me is very long and I can't begin to thank each of you enough, from those that shipped hard parts to me or to Ken for the build to those that donated money YOU all have made this possible for me. If you all would please PM me your contact information so I can get in touch with you and keep in contact that would be great. I feel like I am part of a bigger family and what a family to be part of!! There is still some left to be done, a few parts to get, and putting the motor in the car when it arrives. But what an amazing journey thus far and I can not wait to show everyone the finished project you all helped to create.

I have been saving the pics that Ken has been sending as well as posting to the thread and am making a photo journal to document this extraordinary journey. I will keep taking photos of the install and such along the way for everyone to see.

I hope all of you have a great holiday season filled with blessing for you and your family.
May God Bless all of you and keep you safe,

Jay

Can I get an updated list of what is needed? This is as much fun to be apart of as it is to own.

Thanks

The things I know for sure at the moment till the motor is actually installed are injectors and chip, valve cover or spacers to clear the rockers and motor mounts.
These are the things I know for sure.
I will know more after this next week, as I plan on laying everything out and cataloging it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hey guys I need some help. My family that was going to help with the shipping has changed. I need to get the motor from Kens place to mine. Who has had good experience with this and how?

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks guys

What ever happened with this car?

9 months and no word/comment...........

Wondering the same thing
I am still working at it. School has been really busy for me. Also I am finding it tough to find a floor pan replacement. Winter is approaching so I am hoping the local tech school can help with the floor replacement. That's my hold up at the moment.

Sorry it has taken so long to update!

Jay

I am still working at it. School has been really busy for me. Also I am finding it tough to find a floor pan replacement. Winter is approaching so I am hoping the local tech school can help with the floor replacement. That's my hold up at the moment.

Sorry it has taken so long to update!

Jay

Well then, keep at it.

Drop us a note occasionally, some (all) of us have a vested interest in you're success!

The Turbo Buick brotherhood is strong, but it's getting harder and harder to keep us relevant.

Stories like yours do just that.

Good luck to you, sir!